Amazon is the global e-commerce giant out there and is also very well known for their Kindle lineup of tablets and readers. The most awesome feature of the Kindle devices is that they are optimised specifically for reading ebooks and other similar uses without actually hurting your eyes. This is the main reason most people prefer to buy the Amazon Kindle Paper White. This post is all about jailbreak amazon kindle paper white 😀
What is Jailbreak?
Manufacturers of devices do not allow customers to alter or modify each and every software as well as hardware aspect of their products. They keep some limits and restrictions on the level of customization users can bring on their devices. This is mainly done to keep the devices safe and to prevent any possible damages to the device due to customization that is done through the software installed on the device.
One way to overcome this restriction laid down by manufacturers on their devices is to actually override the software restrictions by manually gaining root access to the device’s core software. This process is called jailbreaking.
Why Jailbreak Amazon Kindle Paper White?
The same applies to the Amazon Kindle Paper White as well. Amazon does not allow you to enjoy all the software benefits supported by your device’s hardware so as to keep your device safe from any possible damage that may occur to it. So if you are ready in taking the risk, then below is a detailed guide to jailbreak Amazon Kindle Paper White.
How to Jailbreak Amazon Kindle Paper White?
- This guide is to be followed on the Amazon Kindle Paper White only.
- We are not responsible for any damages that may incur on your Amazon Kindle Paper White during or after completing the guide below
How to Downgrade Amazon Kindle Paper White?
If your Amazon Kindle Paper White is running Kindle OS versions 5.3.3 or 5.3.6 or above, then you will need to downgrade it to Kindle OS version 5.3.5 before proceeding to jailbreak it. The guide to downgrade it is provided below.
- Download Kindle OS 5.3.5 from here and copy/paste it to the root directory of the Amazon Kindle Paper White.
- Enable Airplane Mode on your Kindle Paper White.
- From your device, navigate to Settings>Menu>Update to flash the Kindle OS version 5.3.5 on your Kindle Paper White.
- Your device will now reboot to update.
- After the reboot, Kindle OS 5.3.5 should be installed on your device.
Easiest Method to Jailbreak Amazon Kindle Paper White:
- Download the required jailbreak files for Amazon Kindle Paper White from here.
- Extract the above downloaded files on your PC.
- Connect your Amazon Kindle Paper White to the PC.
- From the extracted folder, move the “jailbreak.sh” and “MOBI8_DEBUG” files to the Root folder, and then move the “jailbreak.mobi” file to the Documents folder.
- Now from your Amazon Kindle, tap on the home button and then look for a document similar to the image shows below.
- After clicking on the document, you will be presented with a “Click Here to Jailbreak” option. Click on the same.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions. It will take you through the processes required to jailbreak Amazon Kindle Paper White.
- After the jailbreaking procedures are completed, you will be automatically brought back to the home screen.
And that is it. Now you have completed all the processes required to jailbreak Amazon Kindle Paper White.