Good News! Now we are here with a method to actually downgrade Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge from Android Nougat to Marshmallow. If you did not like the Nougat or if you felt like your phone can’t handle it, you can downgrade it right away. So follow the guide below to Downgrade Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge from Android Nougat to Marshmallow.
- Install Android 7.1.1 AOKP Nougat Custom Firmware on Galaxy S6 [G920F]
- How to Install LineageOS 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy S6 [Unofficial]
- How to Downgrade Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge [Nougat to Marshmallow]
The Android update was released by Samsung a while ago. Users have already updated it and found a number of reasons to hate it. They wanted to revert back to Marshmallow and if you are one of them, just follow the step by step guide below.
Downgrade Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
The Stable version of Android Nougat for Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge is available for download and users can update their S7 to Nougat version. You can also Revert Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge to Marshmallow Version if they want! Just follow this guide post for more!
- Although this method has been verified working by some people, it is still risky.
- Your phone will be completely wiped during the process. We recommend you to take a backup before proceeding.
- Take a backup of your phone.
- Make sure your phone at least 50-60% charged.
- The method will only work on Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge smartphones. Do not try it on other devices.
- A PC or Laptop.
- USB drivers for your phone installed on PC.
Odin Flash Tool – Link
Galaxy S7 Stock Marshmallow Firmware – Link
Galaxy S7 Edge Stock Marshmallow Firmware – Link
Keep in mind that there is a certain amount of risk involved while following this guide. We are not responsible for any damage that might happen to your device in this process. This guide is written carefully detailing all necessary steps and by following it you agree that you understand these risks. If you are clear with all that, let us begin and get into the procedure now.
Steps to Downgrade Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge from Android Nougat to Marshmallow
- Make sure you have downloaded the tool and the firmware of your phone (be it S7 or S7 Edge) that we have provided earlier.
- First of all, you need to enable USB debugging and OEM unlocking in Settings > Developer options. If you don’t have developer options enabled, go to About phone and tap Build Number 7 times.
- Open the Odin tool you downloaded.
- Connect your Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge with your PC via USB cable.
- Now, enter download mode on your phone by turning off your phone. Then, press and hold Volume down, Home and Power buttons. Do it until you see the download mode on the screen.
- When the device is in download mode and connected to Odin, you will see its ID in ID:COM box. If it doesn’t show there, make sure you have properly installed the USB drivers for the phone.
- Now select the downloaded firmware files in the AP box in Download section in Odin.
- In Option tab, tick Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time.
- Press Start button once you are ready. The flashing process will start now.
- Once the process is complete, a green Pass message will appear.
Also Check: How to Downgrade S6 and S6 Edge
You have successfully completed the process. That is all from our how to Downgrade Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge from Android Nougat to Marshmallow guide. We hope that this helped you. Let us know in comment section below if you have any doubts. Stay tuned for more!