Moto G5 Plus receives its first OTA Update with NPN25.137-33 build. Now you can download the OTA files for NPN25.137-33 build. It’s been not too long after the launch of Moto G5 Plus in India and Moto started rolling out its new OTA update for the device with the build number NPN25.137-33. So now you can Download and Install Nougat Update on Moto G5 Plus using ADB tools and TWRP Recovery.
The update is still on the Latest Android 7.0 nougat, but we expect to get Android 7.1.1 Nougat soon! BTW this OTA update is only for Brazil Region users, they can update their easily just by following this guide.
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Moto G5 Plus
- How to Take Screenshots on Moto G5 Plus
- Motorola Moto G5 Plus Exclusive Hands-On Review and Features
Of course, the OTA update comes with new improvements, bug fixes and some tweaks in performance too! Also, this software update improves the audio quality of a recording video on the Moto G5 Plus.
Let’s check out how to Install Nougat Update on Moto G5 Plus? How to Download And Install NPP25.137-33 Stock Firmware For Moto G5?
Install Nougat Update on Moto G5 Plus Officially
As mentioned above, this OTA update for Moto G5 Plus devices is only for Brazil region now. If you want to check your region are also eligible for the update, then navigate to Settings > About Device > System Updates. If you see OTA update, just hit Download and sleet the Wi-Fi or Mobile network to download the nougat update files. The Nougat OTA update for Moto G5 Plus file is sized around 290MB and it is advisable to charge your Moto G5 Plus device sufficiently before beginning the OTA update.
So let’s check How to Install NPN25.137-33 Stock Nougat Full Firmware For Moto G5 Plus manually on your device?
- Requires Root Access and latest TWRP Recovery.
- Your device must have 50-60% charged.
- Take a full backup of your data.
- The Custom ROM shared here only works on Moto G5 Plus.
Download Stock Nougat Firmware For Moto G5 Plus
|OTA Update for Moto G5 Plus||Download Links|
|NPN25.137-33 Stock Nougat for Moto G5 Plus||Link|
|ADB and Fastboot setup||Link|
|Motorola Device Driver||Link|
Manually Update Nougat for Moto G5 Plus [NPN25.137-33 build]
Method #1: Using ADB and Fastboot setup tools
- First, you need to Enable ‘USB Debugging’ by going through the ‘Developer Option’ menu.
- Then Download Moto G5 Plus OTA Update Zip file from the above link and store the file where ADB is installed on your device.
- Switch Off the mobile and Turn it on by pressing Volume Down + Power Button together for a while.
- You will enter the Recovery Mode, there Tap on ‘Apply Update from ADB’ and connect your Moto G5 Plus to PC.
- Navigate to the folder where OTA update file is stored and press Shift Key and Right Click and Choose Open Command Window Here. This will open a command window on your desktop.
- Now enter the below commands to check your device for proper connected,
- If your mobile is listed, then enter the below command to sideload. If your mobile is not listed, you need to reinstall ADB driver again.
adb sideload filename.zip [replace filename.zip with original filename]
- It will automatically start the installation process.Once the process completes, just Reboot your mobile.
- That’s it! You have successfully installed Android 7.0 Nougat on Lenovo G5 Plus.
Method #2: Using TWRP Recovery
- First, you need to download Full OTA for NPN25.137-33 build from above.
- Move the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Head to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number several times.
- Navigate to Developers Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- Turn off your device and enter the Recovery Mode by pressing Volume Volume Up +Power buttons.
- Tap on Apply Update and Select the downloaded zip files.
- Wait for a while, once the installation completes Reboot your device!
- That’s it!
Hope this article is helpful on How to Download and Install Nougat Update on Moto G5 Plus [NPN25.137-33]. If you do, share and comment below! Stay tuned for more updates! [Via]