These days Huawei is rolling out Android Nougat update for its devices. So now it’s time for Huawei 4/4x devices. Huawei Honor 4/4x was launched in 2014 and it been two years to get Nougat update. If you are the user of Huawei Honor 4/4x and want to experience the Android 7.1.1 Nougat on Honor 4/4x device then you can follow this guide post on Android 7.1.1 on Huawei Honor 4/4X.
In this post, I’m going to share how to Install LineageOS 14.1 on Huawei Honor 4/4x. The LineageOS team has released the latest LineageOS 14.1 which is based on Android 7.1.1 with lots of new features and latest security patches to the Android Devices.
Install LineageOS 14.1(official) on Huawei Honor 4/4X
The latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat brings new features like Multi-Window mode, direct reply for notifications, bundled notifications, battery saving features, mobile data saving in standby mode, new emojis, elegant UI experience and much more. The Huawei Honor 4/4X users looking for Nougat update then you can download and install LineageOS 14.1 on Honor 4/4x device.
However, for installing Android 7.1.1 on your device you need to have root access and the latest version of TWRP custom recovery app installed on your Honor 4/4x device. Without wasting any more time, let’s get started!
- Take a backup of your phone.
- Make sure your phone at least 50-60% charged.
- Do it at your Own risk, the ROM is experimental so you may have many bugs.
Download LineageOS 14.1 for Huawei Honor 4/4X (Nougat)
How to Install Android 7.1.1 on Huawei Honor 4/4X?
- First, download the LineageOS 14.1 and Google Apps (arm, 7.1) from the above download link.
- Once you download it, just transfer both the Zip files to your external storage.
- Restart your device and Boot your device into Custom TWRP recovery by pressing Volume Up + Power Button Together for a while.
- In TWRP recovery and choose Backup button to create a Backup of your firmware.
- Then select Wipe > Factory Reset > Wipe Cache, system and data.
- Now select Install and go to /sdcard and choose the ROM zip package.
- Install the Gapps zip files with simple instruction.
- Once the installation process finished, return to the main menu and select Reboot option.
- That’s it! Your device is not booted into Android 7.1.1 Nougat with LineageOS 14.1.
Hope you enjoy this guide post on Updating Honor 4/4X to Android 7.1.1 with LineageOS 14.1 without any issues! If you are facing any issues on Android 7.1.1 on Huawei Honor 4/4X, do share it comments below!
Stay tuned for more updates Android 7.1.1!