Oppo users can now finally enjoy Marshmallow on the following devices, thanks to the company’s OTA update. The Oppo R9. R9 Plus and F1s are the phones that are getting this update. Right now the update is only available for users in Australia. But here we provide you with the update so you can get the Marshmallow without any wait. If you want it now before the official rollout, follow our guide to download Oppo R9, R9 Plus, and F1s Marshmallow Update.
The Oppo R9, R9 Plus and F1s get new features on Marshmallow like Now on Tap, Doze Mode, App Permissions and more. The R9 and R9 Plus also gets major extra feature now: dual SIM capability with 4G+3G. The latest ColorOS update’s size is about 1.5 GB. So if you want it, follow the steps below.
Marshmallow Update OTA for Oppo R9, R9 Plus, and F1s
Like we mentioned before, this update has brought the Dual SIM capability to the Oppo R9, R9 Plus and F1s. It is provided on the Oppo Australian website for download and it can easily be installed on your device. You don’t even need to worry about custom recovery or anything here. It is safe and no root needed.
Flashing Custom ROMs will void your warranty and can brick your device if done wrong. Keep in mind and do it at your own risk even if you are following this guide. We are not responsible for any damage that might happen to your device in this process. This guide is written carefully detailing all necessary steps and by following it you agree that you understand these risks.
- Make sure that your device is at least 50-60% charged.
- Must have root access available on your phone.
- Your device should have stock firmware first.
- Make sure you have enough space on your phone (2GB).
- Make sure to take a full backup of your data.
- This ROM is meant only for Oppo R9, R9 Plus, or F1s. Do not attempt to flash it on any other devices.
Download Oppo R9, R9 Plus, and F1s Marshmallow Update OTA Files
- Android Marshmallow Update for Oppo R9 Plus – Link
- Marshmallow Update for Oppo R9 – Link
- Marshmallow Update for Oppo F1s – Link
Steps to Install Oppo R9, R9 Plus, and F1s Marshmallow Update OTA
- Download the correct Marshmallow Update zip file for your Oppo device provided above.
- Transfer it to your phone’s internal storage or SD card. Make sure you put it in the root directory.
- Go to Files > All Files > Select the zip file and press Update Now.
- Now your phone will reboot and the update process will start.
- You have to wait till the process is completed.
- Your phone will reboot again after it’s done.
- That’s it. Your phone is on Android Marshmallow now.
That’s it! You have successfully downloaded and installed Oppo R9, R9 Plus, and F1s Marshmallow Update OTA. Hope you liked it and found it helpful. Drop a comment below if you have any queries. [Source]