Today, we are going to show you how to dual boot in your UMi Super using an application named Dual Boot Patcher. This is another method than the one we showed before. Earlier we taught a way to Dual Boot any Android device. Today learn How to Dual Boot UMi Super Using Dual Boot Patcher. Let us head into our guide now.
This method is devised by a senior XDA member named chenxiaolong. He initially made it for Samsung Galaxy S4 but now his app supports over 150 devices to support dual boot. The Dual Boot Patcher is finally stable for UMi Super smartphone. So you can now install it on your phone and enjoy the multi-ROM support. If you love a variety of ROMs and can’t choose between a few, you can use this method to have dual ROMs at the same time in one device.
What is Dual Boot?
Dual boot does sound exciting and if you are hearing about this for the first time, then its no problem. PC enthusiasts used to run multiple OSes on their computers to gain the features from all those OSes in a single system. They can switch from one to another just by rebooting their PC. They mostly used a program named GRUB for this. For Android, there are a few apps. We saw MultiROM before. Now for this specific device, we are using Dual Boot Patcher.
- This method is only for UMi Super smartphone. Do not try it on any other smartphones.
- Your device must be rooted.
- Perform a backup of your device before proceeding.
- Try at your OWN RISK!
Dual Boot Patcher APK – Link
DualBootUtilites.zip – Link
Steps to Dual Boot UMi Super Using Dual Boot Patcher
- Download the apk file from the link above and install it on your UMi Super smartphone. Make sure your currently installed ROM is the primary ROM that you want to have later.
- Open the Dual Boot Patcher app.
- Go to ROMs in the navigation drawer. Set a kernel when it asks you to.
- Select the patch that you want and select a secondary ROM file (zip).
- Once it is patched, you can flash the patched zip file using recovery mode.
- Turn off your phone and boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power buttons.
- Tap install option and navigate through the storage to select the patched zip file.
- Now your secondary ROM is installed. That’s it.
To Switch Between the ROMs:
You have to flash a tool named DualBootUtilites.zip in order to switch between the ROMs. It is provided above in the downloads section.
- Just switch to the recovery mode and tap Install again.
- Browse and select the DualBootUtilites.zip and flash it.
- That’s it. This utility will now allow you to switch between installed ROMs easily.
Things to Note:
To update primary ROM: Patch the ROM file for primary in the Dual Boot Patcher application. Flash it after its ready and you are good to go.
To update secondary ROM: Patch the update file exactly like we showed you in the main guide above.
That’s it from us here. Hope you found this trick useful. If you have any questions, comment them below. Share this with your friends if you’ve liked the guide to Dual Boot UMi Super Using Dual Boot Patcher.