Tech majors like Google, Facebook, Microsoft and Apple and even others have always added two-step verification for their accounts for added security. As these social media, emailing and social networking websites are often targeted by hackers, adding a Enable two-step verification on WhatsApp account will make it safer from any potential hacking attempts.
After months of tests and bug fixing, Facebook-owned WhatsApp now brings two-step verification to its globally popular instant messenger service.
Do Check: Top 10 Upcoming Smartphones 2017
WhatsApp Messenger two-step verification is available for both Android and iOS devices, and today we are here with a detailed guide on how to enable two-step verification on WhatsApp Messenger for iOS and Android easily.
How to Enable Two-Step Verification on WhatsApp for Android:
The two-step verification feature was earlier available only to the users of the WhatsApp beta version. But now it is available for every WhatsApp Messenger user on Android. And below is how to enable two-step verification on WhatsApp Messenger for Android easily:
- First of all, launch the WhatsApp Messenger on your Android device.
- Then go to the Settings panel of the WhatsApp Messenger on your Android device.
- Now click on the “Account” option.
- And then find and click on the “Two-Step Verification” option.
- Now click on the “Enable” button.
- And from the screen that appears now, enter a six-digit password of your choice and then re-enter the same.
- As an option, you can also choose to add your email address for added security.
And that’s it. Now you have enabled the two-step verification on WhatsApp for Android. The 6-digit password that you used in the above steps will be asked for, whenever you register to WhatsApp from any device with your current number.
How to Enable Two-Step Verification on WhatsApp for iOS:
If you are an iOS device user and do not own an Android device, no need to worry. As the two-step verification on WhatsApp Messenger is now available for iOS devices as well. And here we are with a detailed tutorial on how to enable two-step verification on WhatsApp for iOS without any hassles:
- Launch the WhatsApp Messenger app from the Settings menu on your iOS device.
- Then click on the Account option.
- Now you will be seeing the “two-step verification” feature option.
- Click on the same and now the setup to enable two-step verification on your iOS powered device will begin.
- Now you will be prompted to enter a 6-digit passcode to enable the two-step verification on WhatsApp Messenger.
- Two-step verification on WhatsApp Messenger also allows you to add an email address for extra protection.
If you enter an email address for two-step verification, make sure that the email address is an easily accessible one. Because in case you fail to access your email address in the time of an emergency, your WhatsApp account may get permanently blocked.
Also, the 6-digit password that you used above will be asked for whenever you register to WhatsApp Messenger from any device using your current mobile number.
Found this simple guide on how to enable two-step verification on WhatsApp Messenger for both Android and iOS helpful? Then do share this guide.