The Samsung’s 2017 flagship pair – the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus was just launched all around the world. It has been creating a lot of hype and its now finally available. Though the smartphone is very powerful, it may crash and get stuck in a bootloop due to some software issue at times. If your Galaxy S8/S8 Plus have got into some problem like that, you can either factory reset it or reinstall the stock firmware to get it running again. So this is the guide where we show you how to Factory Reset & Flash Stock ROM on Samsung S8/S8 Plus
- Fix Bricked Dead Android Phone by Flashing Stock ROMs
- Install LineageOS 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy S6 [Unofficial]
- Install N-Lite Nougat ROM on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+
Today, we show you how to factory reset and install/flash stock firmware on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus. Factory resetting is simple and uniform for both devices whereas the stock firmware flashing process differs a little. If you are stuck in a bootloop or got your phone bricked somehow, you have to find the firmware and flash it.
So without further due, let’s head into the guide itself to find how to perform the factory reset and flash stock firmware on Galaxy S8/S8 Plus.
How to Factory Reset & Flash Stock ROM on Samsung S8/S8 Plus
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus.
- Press and hold the Bixby, Volume Up and Power keys at the same time and release it all when the screen turns on.
- The recovery screen will show up. Go to Wipe data/Factory reset. Use the volume keys to move and select it by power key.
- It will start the factory resetting process. Once its done, reboot and you are done.
- Model name: Galaxy S8 Plus
- Model: SM-G955F
- Country: Panama (Claro PA)
- Version: Android 7.0
- Changelist: 10895874
- Region code: CPA
- PDA: G955FXXU1AQCC
- CSC: G955FOWA1AQCC
Keep in mind that this process involves a certain amount of risk and you agree to do it at your own risk even if you are following this guide. We are not responsible for any damage that might happen to your device in this process. This guide is written carefully detailing all necessary steps and by following it you agree that you understand these risks.
- This procedure is meant for only Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955F variant only and for Panama (USA) region. Do not attempt it on any other variants.
Stock ROM for S8/S8 Plus (SM-G955F) – Link
Odin tool – Link
Pit file – Link
Flashing Stock ROM on Galaxy S8/S8 Plus
- Download the files provided above through the links.
- Unzip the firmware/ROM file first. There you will get the AP, BL, CP and CSC files.
- Install the Odin tool in your PC and open it.
- Reboot the phone and put it in Download Mode.
- Connect the phone to your PC with the USB cable now.
- Add all the firmware files you unzipped to Odin now by pressing the respective file type buttons.
- After you are done, just press Start.
- After a few minutes, the flashing will complete. Then you can remove and turn your phone on.
That’s all from us today. Now you have performed Factory Reset & Flash Stock ROM on Samsung S8/S8 Plus without issues. If you have any doubts, do comment below. Share the article and stay tuned for more!