Google Assistant is a much better assistant than SIRI, Cortana and Amazon’s Alexa. This Voice Powered Digital Assistant has changed the way people interact with technology. The Capacity of Google Assistant to keep long phrases with accuracy is unmatched. So How to Install Google Assistant on Android Lollipop?
Google Assistant was one of the Best Digital Assistant that only available for Androids but the news of launching Google Assistant for iPhone users has breaks heart of Many Android Users. Can we install Google Assistant on Android Lollipop Smartphones?
- How to Skip YouTube Ads on Android [No Root]
- How to Disable Google Assistant and Use Google Now
- How to Install Google Assistant on Samsung & OnePlus Devices
- Install Google Assistant on Windows, Linux & Mac PC
The sad part is that it is only available for Android Marshmallow or Updated version. But here today I am going to share a trick that may help you in Using Google’s Assistant in your Android Smartphone. The Best thing about this trick is that it doesn’t require Root Access so you can use it even if your Android is not rooted yet.
How to Get Google Assistant in any Android Smartphone Without Root
Get Google Assistant via APK File
I have tried this trick in my Android 5.1, so I won’t say that it’ll work on any other of your device. But for Lollipop this is surely going to help you, But For every smartphone, You can Check the Alternate Method that I have Included Below.
1. First of All Download and Install Application by This Link. If you haven’t allowed installing third party application then follow these steps, Go to Setting and then tap on Security. After that tap on Unknown sources and make sure toggle is on.
2. After installing the App launch it and go to “Your Stuff” and Tap on Add Reminder. This may look like an additional step but it is a very important step, So don’t try to skip this step.
3. After this step, we have to make google assistant as our default voice input method. For that, you have to open the Setting page, and then tap of Language and Input and then Tap on Voice Input and then select Enhanced Google Services.
4. Now Long Press on Home Button and Select Google Assistant as your Default program.
Voila! Now you can access Google Assistant Easily by Long Press on your Home Key. 😉 This method will work on almost all device but if you get any issue then You can use the Alternate Method Described Below.
Get Google Assistant Using Nova Launcher – Alternate Method
1. First of All, Install Nova or Any Other Launcher in your Android Device. I will suggest using Nova because it is Easy to Customize and it lets you to setup activity shortcuts on your home screen.
2. After this Install Google Assistant APK, As we mentioned it in our previous method that I have described Above.
3. Now Long Press on Home Screen, It will open a Widget Panel, In that panel Tap on Activities.
4. After this step, an Activities page will appear, Scroll down till you find the Google Assistant Launcher and Tap on it. There will be two options will be available, Choose the One with “.assist” in subtext.
5. After the Shortcut is Created, Tap on it for Launching the Application. Now long press on Home Key and Select Google Assistant as your Default Application As We Made on our Previous Method.
Even After this, If you can’t Launch the Google Assistant with the Home key shortcut, Use the Shortcut we created. This will surely work.
Hope you have installed Google Assistant on Android Lollipop devices! Google Assistant make your smartphone Experience much better. The More You’ll use it, The More You’ll fall in love with it. It saves A lot of time in browsing our Smartphone and Has a lot of features in it. If you have any query, Notify us by Commenting Below. Share this trick with your friends too. 🙂