Do you own a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 device? Have you ever tried to install custom ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3? If yes, here today we are sharing the custom ROM developed by AOSP Extended Rom which is based on the latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat. This custom ROM comes with lots of new features and customisation options. If you have been searching lately on how to Install AospExtended ROM on Redmi Note 3 Android Smartphone, then below is a detailed and in-depth guide for the same.
If you are new to install Custom ROMs on your device, then don’t worry! This post includes Step-by-Step installation process. As mentioned earlier, to install the Custom ROM you need your device installed some custom recovery tool. So We just shared how to Unlock Bootloader Redmi Note 3 first then followed by How to Officially Install AospExtended ROM on Redmi Note 3.
AospExtended ROM for Redmi Note 3
Before actually moving on to the guide, let’s take a quick look at the Redmi Note 3 Smartphone and the AOSP Extended ROM as well. Also, check Best Redmi Note 3 Custom ROMs that we shared earlier. Here we can check How to Download AospExtended ROM and Install AospExtended ROM on Redmi Note 3?
Hardware Specs of Redmi Note 3
- Dual Sim, VoLTE, 4G, 3G, Wi-Fi
- Hexa Core, 1.8 GHz Processor
- 3 GB RAM, 32 GB inbuilt
- 4050 mAh Battery
- 5.5 inches, 1080 x 1920 px display
- 16 MP Rear + 5 MP Front Camera
- Memory Card (Hybrid), up to 32 GB
- Android, v5.1.1
- For more specs – Link
Features of AospExtended ROM for Redmi Note 3
- Android 7.1.2 Nougat
- Updated Packages and Translations
- Updated pre-built APKs
- New AEX OTA
- CAF Sound Recorder
- Keyguard Status Bar Clock and Weather
- Nav Bar Button Tint
- Improved Screen Pinning
- SystemUI Restart
- Fixed Gap after removing QSTiles
- Tile for HW keys Enable/Disable
- Center lock screen shortcuts
- Removed status bar Ticker fade animation
- Fixed Swapped nightlight brightness
- Grid Recent UI
- Updated MusicFX with DSP Modes
- Fixed Bluetooth Receiving issue
- Performance enhancements and bug fixes
- And more…..
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Video Playback
- Audio Sensors
- LED GPS
- This method works only on Redmi Note 3
- Need Unlocked Bootloader Redmi Note 3
- Requires TWRP recovery installed.
- Your device must have 50-60% charged
- Take a full backup of your data. Follow this guide to Take Backup on Windows.
Download AospExtended Rom for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
AospExtended For Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 – Link
TWRP recovery tool – Link
Steps to Install AospExtended ROM on Redmi Note 3
- First, download the ROM file from above download section and move the file to external storage.
- Turn Off your device.
- Now enter the TWRP Recovery Mode just by Pressing and Holding the Volume Down + Power Key.
- Create a Nandroid backup (Recommended).
- Do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
- Click Install and Navigate to the external storage where you kept your downloaded ROM file.
- Select the .Zip from the list to Flash it.
- Wait for a while, the flashing process will take a while.
- Once done, again Wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
- That’s it! Enjoy the new AospExtended Custom ROM on Redmi Note 3 device.
Hope this guide post on How to Install AospExtended Custom ROM on Redmi Note 3 [Android 7.1.2 Nougat]. If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or SHARE with others so they can also benefit from these tips!
If you are facing any issues, let us know in comments. Do share this post with your friend who is using Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Smartphones and Install AospExtended ROM on Redmi Note 3.
Stay tuned for more updates on Custom ROMs for Redmi Note 3!