Here we got the new firmware for the Lenovo K6 device and you can Update Lenovo K6/K6 Power to Android 8.0 Oreo. The Lineage OS 15 is based on the latest Android Oreo version. This is an unofficial Lineage OS 15 ROM, so it comes with lots of bugs. But the developers already working on the way to fix them and the beta version of Lineage OS 15 for Lenovo K6/K6 Power is available for download. Check out this post to Download & Install Lineage OS 15 on Lenovo K6 device.
Thanks to the XDA Member karthick mostwanted for releasing this initial build of Lineage OS 15 ROM for Lenovo K6/K6 Power. To install LineageOS 15 on Lenovo K6/K6 Power you need to have a rooted device with TWRP access. LineageOS is an open source which is quite popular nowadays. Today we gonna share the unofficial build of Lineage OS 15 for Lenovo K6 Power.
What is Lineage OS?
CyanogenMod is no more. You can consider as the next gen of CyanogenMod. LineageOS is an open source project with additional contributions by various developers. The LineageOS 14.1 ROM developed by wee-known XDA developer unjustified Dev, and it built to support Android 8 Oreo, while ROM Kernel is Linux 3.10.x and the ROM is based on CyanogenMod. Just keep in mind that it needs Universal Bootloader and Modem packages to flash the ROM. Alright. Let’s proceed to the next part now.
Installing the Custom ROM LineageOS on Lenovo K6 is just like installing other custom ROM on your device. The LineageOS 15 ROM is similar to Android 8.0 Nougat and just follow the simple instruction to download and Install Lineage OS 15 for Lenovo K6 (Android 8.0). Also for this method, we gonna use TWRP Recovery to flash the custom ROM in no time.
Download & Install Lineage OS 5 on Lenovo K6/K6 Power
So here what we gonna do to Install Lineage OS 15 on Lenovo K6/K6 Power. It’s just like installing custom ROM on your devices. The only difference, here you will installing Gapps additional to ensure that you use apps from Google Play store.
- How To Install Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 On Mi Note 2
- Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Wileyfox Storm
- Install LineageOS 14.1 on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus [Natrium]
- How to Download and Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Mi MIX
- Install Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Redmi Note 3
- Status: Alpha
- ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
- ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
- Based On: Lineage OS 15
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Video Playback
- Requires Root Access and latest TWRP Recovery.
- Your device must have 50-60% charged.
- Take a full backup of your data.
- The Custom ROM shared here only works on Lenovo K6/K6 Power.
Flashing custom ROMs will void your warranty and can brick your device if done wrong. Keep in mind and do it at your own risk even if you are following this guide. We are not responsible for any damage that might happen to your device in this process. This guide is written carefully detailing all necessary steps and by following it you agree that you understand these risks.
Download Lineage OS for Lenovo K6 Power
Download LineageOS 15 ROM for Lenovo K6/K6 Power – Link
Lineage OS 15 Gapps For Lenovo K6/K6 Power – Link
Magisk for Lenovo K6/K6 Power – Link
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Lenovo K6/K6 Power
- First, you need to download the LineageOS 15 [Android 8.0] for your device from above. Also, you need to download Android 8.0 Compatible Gapps for Lenovo K6 devices.
- Once you download, move the files to internal storage of your device.
- Reboot your device in TWRP recovery. You can enter this mode by Pressing & holding Volume Down + Power Button together for a while.
- In TWRP, tap Backup and create a Nandroid backup.
- Then Select Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Clear Data, Cache and System.
- Tap on ‘Install’ then locate the LineageOS 15 ROM Zip file.
- Start the installation of the ROM by swiping to the right side.
- Once the installation was done, flash the Gapps Zip file on your Lenovo device.
- Select Wipe > Wipe Cache > Dalvik Cache.
- Reboot your device and enjoy!
Hope you have successfully installed LineageOS 15 [Android 8.0] and know how to Install Lineage OS 15 on Lenovo K6 / K6 Power. If you are facing any issues while installation process, leave it in the comment section to get help. Stay tuned for more updates on Lenovo K6/K6 Power Custom ROM!