HTC just launched their latest Smartphone in the Indian market, the HTC 10 Evo. The HTC 10 Evo was globally launched a few months back as the HTC Bolt Android device. As we are expecting the HTC 11 to hit the markets within a few weeks now, the HTC 10 Evo launch in India is quite a surprise. This post is all about How to Root HTC Bolt/HTC 10 Evo and Install TWRP Recovery.
- Download Official Stock Firmware HTC Bolt & HTC 10 Evo
- How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on HTC U Ultra
- Status 7 Error Fix while Flashing LineageOS [How To]
Talking about the hardware specifications of the HTC 10 Evo, the device sports a 5.5inch Super LCD 3 display with Quad HD resolution at 1440×2560 pixels and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection as well. Powering the device is the Snapdragon 810 processor from Qualcomm clocked in at 2.0GHz.
The device also features the Adreno 430 GPU, 3GB of RAM and 32GB internal storage space. Micro SD card slot is also provided for storage expansion up to an additional 256GB. There is a 16MP primary camera as well as an 8MP secondary camera in the HTC 10 Evo.
So without wasting any more time, let’s check it out How to Root HTC Bolt/HTC 10 Evo and install TWRP 3.1 on your device.
- 1 How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root HTC Bolt/HTC 10 Evo?
- 2 How to Install TWRP Recovery on HTC Bolt/HTC 10 Evo [Rooted]
- 3 How to Root HTC Bolt/HTC 10 Evo?
How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root HTC Bolt/HTC 10 Evo?
Note: Techora Team won’t be responsible for any damage that you make to your phone. Try it with your own risk!
- Android Rooting your device may void your phone warranty.
- Take a backup of your phone.
- Make sure your phone at least 50-60% charged.
- Your device must be Bootloader unlocked.
- Do it at your Own risk, the ROM is experimental so you may have many bugs.
Download Files to Root HTC Bolt/HTC 10 Evo
How to Install TWRP Recovery on HTC Bolt/HTC 10 Evo [Non-Rooted]
- Go to Settings>About Phone. Tap on Build Number for 7 times to enable Developer Settings. Next, go to Settings>Developer Options> and then enable USB Debugging.
- Now navigate to the ADB and Fastboot tool that you downloaded earlier. And from the window, use the Shift Key+Right Mouse button on any empty space to launch the Command Prompt window.
- Connect the HTC U Ultra to the PC.
- Type in the below command in the cmd window.
adb reboot download
- Then type this above command and hit the enter.
- Now again type the command mentioned below,
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Wait for your HTC Bolt and HTC 10 Evo to reboot. After reboot, the TWRP recovery must be installed on your device.
- That’s it!
How to Install TWRP Recovery on HTC Bolt/HTC 10 Evo [Rooted]
- Download the Flashify application from here on your HTC U Ultra.
- Download the TWRP 3.1 Recovery and move it to your phone’s internal storage.
- After installing, launch the Flashify application on your HTC U Ultra and then grant SuperUser permission for the application.
- Search for the TWRP recovery file that you copied to your phone and then install the same.
- After installing, you can verify whether the TWRP recovery file has been correctly installed on your HTC U Ultra or not by powering OFF your HTC U Ultra and then booting it up to the Recovery Mode by pressing Volume Up+Home+Power buttons.
How to Root HTC Bolt/HTC 10 Evo?
- Turn off your mobile and boot your device into TWRP recovery.
- In the TWRP Recovery, just Click ‘Install’ option.
- Launch the SuperSU file from your HTC U Ultra that you copied onto your Smartphone above.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the SuperSU file on your Smartphone.
- Reboot your HTC U Ultra.
- Your HTC U Ultra is now rooted.
That was a very easy to understand and follow guide on how to install TWRP recovery and Root HTC Bolt/HTC 10 Evo. Hope you found this guide helpful on How to Root HTC Bolt/HTC 10 Evo. In the case of any doubts or queries please leave them as comments below.