Boot logo is the first thing that comes up while turning on your smartphone. It is usually an animation of your smartphone’s brand logo. It might get a little boring after a while. But do you know that you can change the boot logo on rooted Android phones? How can we Change Boot Animation on Rooted Android Devices?
Recently, we posted on Change Boot Logo on MediaTek Devices and now it’s time for all Rooted devices. So, if you own an Android smartphone that is rooted and wants to get rid of default boot logo, you are at the right place. This guide will teach you how to change boot logo on Android smartphones.
Let’s check out how to Change Boot Animation on Rooted Android Devices I mean any android smartphones without any issues!
Change Boot Animation on Rooted Android Devices
Recently, we share a trick on Installing How to change boot logo on Mediatek devices. Now, We are going to show you how to change the boot logo on any Android phones that are rooted just by using a file manager. As I mentioned, this procedure needs root access. We also recommend you to read the following warnings and notes before proceeding.
We are not responsible for any damage that might happen to your device in this process. Keep that in mind and do it at your own risk even if you are following this guide. This guide is written carefully detailing all necessary steps and by following it you agree that you understand these risks. If you are clear with all that, let us begin and get into the procedure now.
- You need root access on your Android smartphone.
- You also need a file manager with root access.
- Perform a backup of your device before proceeding.
- Select and download a boot animation of your taste.
Steps to Change Boot Logo on Android Smartphones [Rooted]
- First of all, get a boot logo you like from XDA developer forums here. You can also get it from other sources or even create your own by using Logo Builder.
- Now, open the file explorer with root access. You can download them from Play Store itself. We recommend ES File Explorer. Make sure to turn root view on in settings.
- Navigate to /system/media and look for the default system boot animation there. Look for the file named bootanimation.zip.
- Rename the original zip file to something else and copy the boot animation file that you downloaded to this location.
- Rename the downloaded file’s name to bootanimation.zip if it is not named like that.
- Now long press and go to the permissions of the file. There will be three properties User, Group, and Other.
- Here tick the R, W, and X on User. Then, tick the R on Group and Other boxes.
- Save the changes you have made and restart the device.
- Now you will see the new boot animation at the bootup.
- If you want to revert back to the original boot logo, you can go back to this place, delete the bootanimation.zip and rename the original file back to the original name (bootanimation.zip).
That is all from us to Change Boot Animation on Rooted Android Devices. Hope you enjoyed the guide to set your favourite boot logo on boot animation. If you liked it, share and drop a comment below.
Do share your thoughts in comments below! Stay tuned for more updates on Android Tricks 2017!