In this year’s MWC, Sony took the stage with their premium Xperia XZ and Xperia XZ Premium. Even though the devices are not yet available on the market, their official firmware has hit the Internet a while ago. This gave us access to Xperia XZ Premium and Xperia XZ Wallpapers earlier and now we are here with the camera application of the XZ series. It is straight from the Xperia XZ firmware and so it only works on other Xperia devices that run official Nougat version from Sony. So if you are ready, we will show you how to install Xperia XZ camera app on Xperia devices.
What’s different about the Xperia XZ camera app?
To be honest, there is not much difference from the camera app already on Nougat running Xperia devices. Few things added are: the slow motion recording is now integrated into the camera app and no longer a separate one. However, the Timeshift mode still requires its own app. So if you just want to try this new camera app on your device, just continue reading out.
Keep in mind that the procedure is somewhat risky. So do it at your own risk even if you are following our guide. We at Techora are not responsible for any damage that might happen to your device in this process. This guide is written carefully detailing all necessary steps and by following it you agree that you understand these risks.
Download Xperia XZ Camera APK
Xperia XZ Camera – Link
Xperia XZ Panorama – Link
How to install Xperia XZ Camera app on Xperia devices
So if you are ready, we will show you how to install Xperia XZ camera app on Xperia devices. Let’s check it out without wasting any more time!
Installation with recovery mode
- Transfer the downloaded apps to your device and choose either installing from recovery or without recovery mode.
- To install via recovery, turn your phone off and turn it on again.
- When you see the LED turn on, press the Volume Down key (sometimes it is Volume Up key, check it with your device). It will take you to the recovery mode.
- Once there, select Install and go through the directories to select the downloaded zip files.
- Once selected, flash them and reboot.
- That’s it for this way.
Installation without recovery mode
- For this, extract the zip file named XperiaXZs_SemcCameraUI_Rizal_Lovins_signed.zip.
- Copy the system folder and go to root folder with any file explorer with root access enabled. Make sure the system partition has Read and Write enabled.
- Paste the folder here. Press Yes if you are asked whether to overwrite.
- Now, go to system/priv-app/SemcCameraUI-jniLibs64-xxhdpi-release/ and grant permissions to the Camera app as well as the lib folder.
- Any file explorer will do this job. We use Solid File Explorer and for opening permissions, you just need to long press the required file/folder.
- The permissions you need to enable are in the screenshot below.
- Enable the Recursive option and exit.
- Once it’s all done, reboot the device.
That’s it with one of these methods, you can now use the Xperia XZ camera app on your Xperia device running Nougat. Hope it worked for you and you enjoy it.
Stay tuned for more updates!