Now you can get the latest Android Nougat version on OnePlus One smartphone. We here have an official Resurrection Remix ROM which is an Android 7.1.1 Nougat based ROM for the OnePlus One. Originally the device comes with Android KitKat with the CyanogenMod which is now extinct. If you wanna change it or try the Nougat version of Android, you can follow this guide to install Install Android Nougat 7.1.2 on OnePlus One.
- How to Get Pixel Navigation Bar on OnePlus 3 and 3T
- How to Install Official Resurrection Remix OS on Xiaomi Mi 4c
- Guide to Install Bixby Assistant on any Samsung Device Running Nougat
So without wasting anymore time, let’s check out How to Download and Install Official Resurrection Remix OS on OnePlus One.
What is Resurrection Remix?
Resurrection Remix is another custom ROM available for various Android devices.This ROM offers more flexibility than the most ROMs in terms of customization. From lock screens to navigation keys, you can adjust anything the way you like. The specific ROM we provide here is an unofficial version of Resurrection Remix.
You will need custom recovery tools like TWRP or Clockwork recovery and root access of course for this method.
Flashing custom ROMs will void your warranty and can brick your device if done wrong. Keep in mind and do it at your own risk even if you are following this guide. We are not responsible for any damage that might happen to your device in this process. This guide is written carefully detailing all necessary steps and by following it you agree that you understand these risks.
- Make sure that your device is at least 50-60% charged.
- Must have root access available on the OnePlus One.
- TWRP recovery (preferably) or CWM recovery installed on the device.
- Make sure to take a full backup of your data.
- This ROM is meant only for OnePlus One. Do not attempt to flash it on any other devices.
Steps to Install Android Nougat 7.1.2 on OnePlus One
- Download both the files given above and transfer them to your phone’s storage.
- Turn your OnePlus One off now.
- Press and hold Power and Volume down button simultaneously.
- You will be taken to the recovery mode after a few seconds.
- Make sure to backup the contents by pressing Backup option and wait for the operation to complete. This is a precautionary step that we recommend you do this in case something goes wrong.
- Ater that, perform the wipe by choosing Wipe > Advanced Wipe and wipe cache data, Dalvik and perform a factory reset.
- Now go back to the starting screen of TWRP.
- Select Install and select the Resurrection Remix zip file first and flash it.
- Now, wait for the installation to finish and finally, select Gapps file and install it.
- Reboot the device and you will notice Resurrection Remix boot animation.
Now you have Nougat OS on your OnePlus One smartphone. If you installed Android Nougat 7.1.2 on OnePlus One without issues or have any doubts, do comment below.
Stay tuned for more updates on custom ROMs!