Samsung announced the long-awaited Galaxy S8 series recently. It will soon be in the markets all around the world. But even before the launch, we have been enjoying several things belonging to the Galaxy S8 and S8+. We recently shared a series of articles featuring the official stock wallpapers of Galaxy S8 and S8+. And now there’s even more. This time, we have a way to install the Samsung Galaxy S8’s very own voice assistant – Bixby. So if you want to install Bixby on your Samsung phone running Android Nougat already, follow our guide to install Bixby Assistant on any Samsung Device Running Nougat.
What is Samsung S8’s Bixby?
One of the main highlight features of the S8 phones is the unique voice assistant, Bixby. Samsung is stepping up and releasing its own voice assistant to go against the likes of Apple Siri and Google Assistant. They are very confident about this. Their goal is to allow users to anything they do with touch, also with the voice. Sounds great, doesn’t it?
It also has a feature found on Amazon’s Alexa – recognise any image you show it and tell details about it. The AI can also translate texts from any image into 52 different languages. Currently, the AI app does not support many third-party apps. Actually, none right now. But they want to extend this in future. It is integrated into the phone’s Photo Gallery app now.
This app cannot be found on Play Store or anywhere. Samsung doesn’t have plans to release it on any of their previous devices. But an XDA developer named takerhbk has found a way to install Bixby on Samsung Galaxy S7 and even any Galaxy phone running Android Nougat. Users still need to install Galaxy S8 Launcher and then the Bixby apk provided by the developer.
Now let’s dive into the guide without any wait.
- This is only meant for a Samsung device running Android 7.0+ Nougat version.
- You need to install Samsung Galaxy S8 Launcher first before trying Bixby.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Launcher – Link
Bixby Assistant apk – Link
Install Bixby Assistant on any Samsung Device Running Nougat
- Download and install the Samsung Galaxy S8 Launcher from the link provided above. Also, download the Bixby app’s apk file.
- Once the Galaxy S8 launcher is installed, set it as the default Home.
- Now transfer the Bixby file com.samsung.android.app.spage_1.3.23-132301000_minAPI24(nodpi) to your phone.
- Open your file browser and find the file, then install it.
- Press Home key to return to your launcher’s home screen.
- Long-press the home screen area to bring home screen settings.
- There, find the option Hello Bixby settings and press it.
- Reboot your device once. After booting up, if you swipe left, you will find Bixby assistant there.
That’s it. You now have successfully installed the Bixby assistant on your Samsung device running Nougat. That concludes our guide to Install Bixby Assistant on any Samsung Device Running Nougat. Hope this helped you. Share and comment your thoughts below if you liked it and stay tuned for more updates!