Latest Lineage OS 14.1 on LG G6 is now available for free download. If you want to know How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on LG G6, then you should check out this post! This post is all about what you need to do to install LineageOS on your LG G6. Yeah, this is not an unofficial version, but this method is similar to Install Lineage OS on LG G6 H870. And this post is all about how to Install Lineage OS 14.1 Custom ROM on LG G6!
This is an initial alpha build of Lineage OS 14.1 For LG G6, you can Install it via Latest TWRP Recovery tool. LG G6 Smartphone is based on Android 7.1 Nougat and now you can now Install the Latest Lineage OS 14.1. LineageOS is an open source which is quite popular nowadays. Today we gonna share the unofficial build of Lineage OS 14.1 for LG G6.
What is Lineage OS?
CyanogenMod is no more. You can consider as the next gen of CyanogenMod. LineageOS is an open source project with additional contributions by various developers. The LineageOS 14.1 ROM developed by wee-known XDA developer unjustified Dev, and it built to support Android 7.x Nougat, while ROM Kernel is Linux 3.10.x and the ROM is based on CyanogenMod. Just keep in mind that it needs Universal Bootloader and Modem packages to flash the ROM. Alright. Let’s proceed to the next part now.
Installing the Custom ROM LineageOS on LG G6 is just like installing other custom ROM on your device. The LineageOS 14.1 ROM is similar to Android 7.1 Nougat and just follow the simple instruction to download and Install Lineage OS 14.1 for LG G6 (Android 7.1 Nougat). Also for this method, we gonna use TWRP Recovery to flash the custom ROM in no time.
Download & Install Lineage OS 14.1 on LG G6
So here what we gonna do to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on LG G6. It’s just like installing custom ROM on your devices. The only difference, here you will installing Gapps additional to ensure that you use apps from Google Play store.
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: Lineage OS
- Adjustable brightness
- Auto brightness
- MTP and Mass Storage modes
- Audio over BT
- Camera rear/front (Photographs)
- Camera rear/front (Video)
- Requires Root Access and latest TWRP Recovery.
- Your device must have 50-60% charged.
- Take a full backup of your data.
- The Custom ROM shared here only works on LG G6 H870.
Flashing custom ROMs will void your warranty and can brick your device if done wrong. Keep in mind and do it at your own risk even if you are following this guide. We are not responsible for any damage that might happen to your device in this process. This guide is written carefully detailing all necessary steps and by following it you agree that you understand these risks.
Download Lineage OS for LG G6 H870
How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on LG G6 Officially?
- First, you need to download the LineageOS 14.1 for your device from above. Also, you need to download Android 7.1 Compatible Gapps for LG G6 devices.
- Once you download, move the files to internal storage of your device.
- Reboot your device intro TWRP recovery. You can enter this mode by Pressing & holding Volume Down + Power Button together for a while.
- In TWRP, tap Backup and create a Nandroid backup.
- Then Select Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Clear Data, Cache and System.
- Tap on ‘Install’ then locate the LineageOS 14.1 ROM Zip file.
- Start the installation of the ROM by swiping to the right side.
- Once the installation was done, flash the Gapps Zip file on your device.
- Select Wipe > Wipe Cache > Dalvik Cache.
- Reboot your device and enjoy!
Hope you have successfully installed LineageOS 14.1 and know how to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on LG G6. If you are facing any issues while installation process, leave it in the comment section to get help. Stay tuned for more updates on LG G6 Custom ROM!