Sony users can now finally enjoy Nougat on the following devices, thanks to the company’s new firmware update. The Sony Xperia XZ and Xperia X Performance are the phones that are getting this update in many regions including Europe, India, Russia and Switzerland. Here we provide you with the update so you can get the Nougat without any wait. If you want it now before the official rollout, follow our guide to download Android 7.1.1 Nougat Firmware for Xperia XZ & Xperia X Performance.
- How to Download & Install AOSP Nougat on Vernee Apollo Lite
- How to Install B19 Android 7.1.1 Nougat On ZTE Axon 7 [OTA]
- How to Update Samsung Galaxy J7 to Android 7.1.1 via Lineage OS 14.1
The Xperia XZ and Xperia X Performance get new features on Nougat like app shortcuts, many bug fixes and much more. If you did not automatically receive this update on your phones, you can manually download the update file here and we will show you how to install the update.
Android 7.1.1 Nougat Firmware for Xperia XZ & Xperia X Performance
Like we mentioned, this update will bring Android 7.1.1 Nougat to your Xperia XZ and Xperia X Performance smartphones. It is provided on the Sony Mobile website for download and it can easily be installed on your device. You don’t even need to worry about custom recovery or anything here. It is safe and no root needed.
Android version: 7.1.1
Software version: 41.2.A.2.199
This method involves some risk and can brick your device if done wrong. Keep in mind and do it at your own risk even if you are following this guide. We are not responsible for any damage that might happen to your device in this process. This guide is written carefully detailing all necessary steps and by following it you agree that you understand these risks.
- Make sure that your device is at least 50-60% charged.
- Your device should have stock firmware first.
- Make sure to take a full backup of your data.
- This ROM is meant only for Sony Xperia XZ and Sony Xperia X Performance. Do not attempt to flash it on any other devices.
Steps to Install Xperia XZ & Xperia X Performance Android 7.1.1 Nougat Firmware
- Download the FTF file for your Xperia smartphone from the links above. Also, download and install the Sony Flash Tool from the link above.
- Enable USB Debugging option on your Xperia phone from Settings > Developer Options.
- Copy and paste the FTF file that you downloaded to the folder named Firmware in the Flashtool folder.
- Then run the Flashtool, select the FTF file you put there and press OK.
- Now, turn your phone off and when asked by the Flashtool, connect your device to the PC by pressing the Volum down button. Now the phone will connect in flashmode.
- The update will start installing on your phone now. Wait till it is complete.
- After the completion, reboot your phone.
That’s it, you have successfully installed the Android 7.1.1 Nougat Firmware for Xperia XZ & Xperia X Performance. Hope you enjoyed and found our article on Download Xperia XZ & Xperia X Performance Android 7.1.1 Nougat Firmware useful.
Drop a comment below if you have any queries. Stay tuned for more updates!