If you have been waiting for the Nougat update for Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge T-Mobile variants, then today is the day you have been waiting for. Earlier Samsung Android devices had a bad mark of not receiving timely updates for newer Android versions even for the higher end and flagship models. After a lot of complaints from Galaxy Smartphone users from around the globe, from the last few years, Samsung has been providing quick updates to the latest Android version, at least for their flagship devices.
The latest Samsung Galaxy flagship devices, namely the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge devices had received the Android 7.0 Nougat update a few weeks back. However, the Android 7.0 Nougat update for US carrier variants of the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge were not released at that time.
If you are using a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge Android Smartphone, then there is a good news for you as the official Android 7.0 Nougat update for Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge T-Mobile variants are now finally official and out there to download and install.
Install Android 7.0 Nougat on Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge [T-Mobile]
If you are unaware about the Android 7.0 Nougat update for Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge T-Mobile variant and if you need a well-detailed guide that will take you through all the necessary procedures to install the Android 7.0 Nougat update for Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge, then below is what you need.
- Take a backup of your phone.
- Make sure your phone at least 50-60% charged.
- Do it at your Own risk, the ROM is experimental so you may have many bugs.
- Nougat Update File shared here will work only on Samsung S7 & S7 Edge Devices.
Download Nougat Files for S7 & S7 Edge:
- Go to Settings from your device and then enable the USB Debugging and OEM unlock options, which can be found under the Developer Settings. You can enable Developer Settings by going to Settings>About Phone and then tap Build Number 7 times continuously.
- Run the ODIN tool on your PC that you downloaded above.
- Power OFF your Smartphone and then boot it into the Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down+Power+Home buttons.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge to the PC.
- After you connect the device, the ODIN tool will register the port number as shown below. The port number will be different from device to device.
- Click on the “AP” button from the ODIN tool and select the firmware file that you downloaded earlier on your PC.
- From the checkboxes under “options”, make sure that only “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” has been ticked.
- Click the “Start” button towards the right bottom of the display.
- Wait for the installation of the firmware to complete and the “Pass” message to appear.
- Your Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge will now reboot.
- Once the reboot completes successfully, disconnect your Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge from the PC.
- And now you have successfully finished the procedures to Install Nougat update On Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge T-Mobile variant.
How to Install Nougat Update for Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
To check whether the installation took place correctly, you can check the Android version on your Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge by checking it under the “About Phone” section in Settings.