Want to Root Samsung Galaxy S8? Then how to root your device without a computer in one click? We can root, but we need a PC to do! Check out this post for more!
Recently we talked about How to Update Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge to Nougat. Now we are here with a trick to root your Nougat installed Samsung Galaxy S8 to gain a whole lot of access and also install TWRP recovery to let you install custom ROMs and more.
- Download Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Edge USB drivers
- How to Root Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 SM-A320FL [Install TWRP Recovery]
- How to Root Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge & Install TWRP
So if you are keen on rooting and doing all those stuff, use this guide to Root and Install TWRP on Galaxy S8. Let’s get Started with the guide section!
Root Samsung Galaxy S8
We are going to guide you how to root and install TWRP recovery on your Galaxy S8 running Android Nougat OS. So kindly check that and also go through the notes below. If everything checks, you can go straight to the steps to start rooting. Let’s Check How to Root Samsung Galaxy S8!
Rooting or flashing Custom ROMs will void your warranty and can brick your device if done wrong. Keep that in mind and do it at your own risk even if you are following this guide. We are not responsible for any damage that might happen to your device in this process. This guide is written carefully detailing all necessary steps and by following it you agree that you understand these risks.
- Make sure that your device is at least 50-60% charged.
- This method only works for Samsung Galaxy 8 and S8 Edge smartphones. Do not attempt this on any other phones.
- As we already mentioned, rooting will void your warranty.
- This process will also erase all files on the phone, make sure you perform a full backup before proceeding.
Benefits of Rooting
Benefits you ask? There are many. Rooting is an essential thing that almost every Android enthusiast does after getting a new smartphone. It unlocks the full potential of an Android, it lets you install custom ROMs, tweak hardware inside, change the looks of software and a lot more.
There are improvements that can be made to increase performance, tweaks and a lot more. So it is surely a good step to take and you can unroot your device anytime to roll back to the starting state. The process is simple and reversible.
There are the files required to root and install TWRP recovery. Download and install them as instructed.
|Required Tools||Download Links|
|Minimal ADB for Windows||Update Soon|
|Odin 3.12 for Windows||Update Soon|
|Magisk v11.1 (transfer it to your phone)||Update Soon|
|TWRP Recovery for Galaxy S8||Update Soon|
|Download Links Coming Soon!||Update Soon|
Steps to Root and Install TWRP on Samsung Galaxy S8 [With PC]
- Download all the files listed above and install, place them as instructed.
- Firstly, enable USB debugging and OEM unlocking in the developer settings of your phone.
- Extract and run the Odin tool for Windows we provided.
- Connect your Galaxy S8 with your PC via USB cable.
- Now, enter download mode on your phone by turning off your phone. Then, press and hold Volume down, Home and Power buttons. Do it until you see the download mode on the screen.
- When the device is in download mode and connected to Odin, you will see its ID in ID:COM box. If it doesn’t show there, make sure you have properly installed the USB drivers for the phone.
- Now select the downloaded twrp-3.x.x.tar file (You will find it in the zip file you downloaded) in the AP box in Download section in Odin.
- In Option tab, tick Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time.
- Press Start button once you are ready. The process will install TWRP now.
- Once the process is complete, a green Pass message will appear.
- Then boot into your device by pressing Home+Volume Down+Power button.
- Flash the Magisk-v11.1.zip file and reboot.
- Then navigate and install Magisk Manager from Play Store.
How to Root Galaxy S8 Without PC
- Download Galaxy S8 Rooting Package from Download Section.
- Move the Zip ROM Files to the root of sd card to root your Galaxy S8.
- Rename the file to Update.zip
- Turn Off yourGalaxy S8 and enter the recovery mode by pressing and holding olume Up + Power + Home keys for a while.
- In the Recovery Mode, Tap on Wipe and Wipe Dalvik cache.
- Then tap on the Install option.
- Select the Galaxy S8 rooting package which you downloaded before.
- Wait for a while until the Rooting process completes.
- Once done, just Reboot your device!
- Congrats! You have successfully rooted Galaxy S8 without using computer.
That’s it. You have now successfully completed the process. That is the end of our guide to Root and Install TWRP on Samsung Galaxy S8. Hope this helped, share it and drop a comment below if you have any queries.
Hope you enjoyed this guide post on Root Samsung Galaxy S8. Stay tuned for more updates!