The Vivo Y55 is an Android smartphone that was released in October 2016. It came with Android 6.0 Marshmallow with FunTouch OS on top of it. It has a 5.2 inch HD IPS display and a 1.4 GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8916 processor. So if you are looking for a way to root this device, just follow our guide to Root Vivo Y55 Smartphone.
- How to Flash Any Vivo Smartphone using QComDloader
- Download & Install Official Stock ROM on Vivo V5
- How to Root ZTE Smartphones in One Click Using KingoRoot
We are showing you a very simple procedure that doesn’t require a PC or laptop. This just uses your Vivo Y55 smartphone to root it. After rooting your device, you will gain a lot of access like: Can uninstall factory apps, install your own custom ROMs, change system settings, etc. It is what every Android enthusiast will do first thing after buying a new phone.
Root Vivo Y55
So like we told you before, this guide does not need a PC or laptop. You can follow the steps down below to get your Vivo Y55 rooted and then do whatever you want. Kindly check and go through the notes below. If everything checks, you can go straight to the steps to start rooting. Let’s Check How to Root VIVO Y55!
Rooting or flashing Custom ROMs will void your warranty and can brick your device if done wrong. Keep that in mind and do it at your own risk even if you are following this guide. We are not responsible for any damage that might happen to your device in this process. This guide is written carefully detailing all necessary steps and by following it you agree that you understand these risks.
- Make sure that your device is at least 50-60% charged.
- Turn off any antivirus software present in your smartphone.
- This method only works for Vivo Y55. Do not attempt this on any other smartphones.
- Enable “Unknown Sources” in Settings > Security > Unknown Sources before proceeding.
- As we already mentioned, rooting will void your warranty.
Benefits of Rooting
Benefits you ask? There are many. Rooting is an essential thing that almost every Android enthusiast does after getting a new smartphone. It unlocks the full potential of an Android, it lets you install custom ROMs, tweak hardware inside, change the looks of software and a lot more.
There are improvements that can be made to increase performance, tweaks and a lot more. So it is surely a good step to take and you can unroot your device anytime to roll back to the starting state. The process is simple and reversible.
Steps to Root Vivo Y55 Smartphone
- Download and install this app in your Vivo Y55: Towelroot.apk. Ignore the warning saying that this app may harm your device and just tap Install anyway.
- Open the app once installed, and you will see a button “make it ra1n“
- Just tap that button and the rooting process will start.
- Once the process is finished, your phone will reboot automatically.
That’s it. Now you have successfully rooted your Vivo Y55 smartphone. Hope this guide helped you. Share it and drop a comment below if you have any queries.