The Vivo Y66 was announced back in December 2016 in the Chinese market, and since then we have been waiting for the Vivo Y66 Android Smartphone to launch in the Indian markets. This post is about Vivo Y66 Review!
To the joy of all the fans eagerly waiting for the launch of the Vivo Y66 in India, the Smartphone has finally been launched in India. Today we are here with a quick review of the Vivo Y66 Android Smartphone.
Vivo Y66 Smartphone Hardware Specifications:
Below is an outlook on the important hardware specifications of the Vivo Y66 Android Smartphone:
- 5.5inch 1080p FUll-HD display with a screen resolution of 1280x720pixels.
- Octa-core MT6750 Mediatek chipset and Mali T860 GPU.
- 3GB RAM.
- 32GB inbuilt storage.
- MicroSD card slot for external storage expansion.
- Dual-SIM capability.
- Runs on Android version 6.0 Marshmallow and features the FunTouch user interface on top.
- 13MP rear-facing camera with LED flash.
- 16MP front-facing camera with LED flash.
- Gravity sensors, accelerometer, proximity sensor and an ambient light sensor is also included.
- 3000mAh non-removable battery.
- 4G LTE connectivity support along with support for VoLTE as well.
- Color options of Vivo Y66 include Crown Gold and Rose Gold.
Vivo Y66 Hardware Review:
The Vivo Y66 takes design cues from the flagship Smartphone from the brand, the Vivo V5.
The front of the Vivo Y66 features the earpiece with the sensors, front-facing selfie camera and the LED flash on its either sides. Below the earpiece lies the 5.5inch Full-HD display and below the display lies the capacitive navigation keys.
The right side of the Vivo Y66 features the power and volume buttons whereas the left side features the slot that can accept Dual-SIM cards. In case you want to pop in a MicroSD card in there, then only single SIM can be inserted.
The rear of the device features the Vivo branding in the middle and the 13MP primary camera with LED flash on top left corner.
Vivo Y66 Performance Review:
The Vivo Y66 features a 1.4GHz octa-core MediaTek processor with 3GB RAM. The device can run through all the hardware-intensive tasks such as multitasking and graphic intense gaming without showing any signs of lags or stutters. App launch times are also really quick on the Vivo Y66.
The 13MP primary camera on the Vivo Y66 takes some very impressive images given ambient lighting. However, as the surrounding lighting conditions go fade, so does the image quality from the device. The main highlight of the device is its 16MP front-facing camera with LED flash. The front-facing LED flash is called “moonlight flash” and will help in
The main highlight of the device is its 16MP front-facing camera with LED flash. The front-facing LED flash is called “moonlight flash” and will help in the natural brightening of subjects and faces in selfies if under dark environments. The image output from the front facing camera is also really good with good amount of detail and less noise.
The 3000mAh battery offers over a day of battery backup even under heavy usage patterns. Even though fast charging is not supported, charging times are fine when compared to the backup time the battery offers once fully charged.
Vivo Y66 Price and Availability:
The Vivo Y66 will be available for purchase via both offline and online retailers pretty soon with a price tag of Rs. 14,999. The price tag does seem really competitive considering the hype of the device and what is offers to the user.
Pros and Cons of Vivo Y66:
Now that we have finished the quick review of the Vivo Y66, below are some pros and cons of the device.
Pros of Vivo Y66:
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
- Awesome built quality.
- Impressive design.
- Really good hardware performance.
- 16MP selfie camera with LED flash.
- VoLTE support and 4G LTE support.
- OTG support is available.
- All important sensors like accelerometer, gravity sensor, ambient light sensor, proximity sensor and gyroscope are available.
Cons of Vivo Y66:
- Lack of fingerprint scanner.
- Speaker output is not really high.
- 4K video recording is not supported.
- Runs on Android version 6.0 Marshmallow, not the latest Android 7.0 Nougat.
- No secondary noise cancellation microphone.
- No support for fast charging.
Are you impressed by the Vivo Y66 Review and planning to buy it? Do share your views about the Vivo Y66 as comments below.
- Design - 7/107/10
- Display - 7/107/10
- Software - 8/108/10
- Performance - 7/107/10
- Battery Life - 8/108/10
- Camera - 7/107/10
- Value for Money - 8/108/10