In my last post, I shared how to Update Moto Z Play to Nougat and now it’s time to Downgrade Moto Z Play from Android Nougat to Marshmallow version. You may update your Moto Z Play device to Nougat 7.0. As the update is stable, you can also revert it back to Android 6.0 without facing any issues. Many users are not happy with the Android 7.0 Nougat update for many reasons. If you are one among then, this post will help you Downgrade Moto Z Play from Android Nougat to marshmallow manually using AutoScript.
There are many users who are looking to revert Moto Z Play back to Marshmallow version. And for Downgrade, Moto Z Play to Marshmallow from Android Nougat we gonna use ‘AutoScript for Moto Z Play’ which includes the firmware files. It’s easy to downgrade Moto Z Play. All you need is just to Download Moto Z Play Script and follow the instruction shared below.
Downgrade Moto Z Play from Android Nougat to Marshmallow
To Downgrade your Moto Z Play to Marshmallow you need to Unlock Moto Z Play Bootloader. So first will see how to Unlock Bootloader on Moto Z Play device. So first I will share how to Unlock Bootloader on moto Z Play and then I will share how to Downgrade your Moto Z Play to Marshmallow from Nougat.
- Unlocking your device may void your phone warranty.
- Take a backup of your phone.
- Make sure your phone at least 50-60% charged.
- Do it at your Own risk, the ROM is experimental so you may have many bugs.
Before getting started, Download the required files for the Downgrade process of Moto Z Play. This file includes Firmware, AutoScript and ADB, Fastboot driver for both Windows and Mac Platform.
Required Files to Downgrade Moto Z Play from Nougat to Marshmallow
How to Unlock Bootloader of Moto Z Play
- Enable ‘USB Debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’. You can find these options by navigating to Settings > Developer Option. To enable Developer option just tap ‘About Phone’ and tap the Build Number 7 Times.
- Now Install the ADB and Fastboot driver on your PC and navigate to the ADB installation directory.
- Enter the Folder and find four files which include ADB and fastboot.exe
- Press Shift Key and Right Click on the Folder and Select Open Command Window Here.
- Enter the following commands,
adb reboot bootloader
- Again, enter the below commands there,
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- Once you were done, it will return a string. Just copy the code in Notepad and delete all the empty space.
- Now visit Motorola Boot Loader Webpage and create a free Account.
- Then Paste the String code in the bottom of the Moto Site and Accept the Terms and Condition.
- The Unlock key will be sent to your Registered Mail ID.
- Copy the Unlock Key and enter the following Command,
fastboot oem unlock UNLOCK_KEY
- That’s it! The above command will unlock Bootloader of Moto Z Play device. Just reboot your device. You’re done!
How to Downgrade Moto Z Play from Android Nougat to Marshmallow
- Once you Unlocked Bootloader, just download the Moto Z Play Auto Script and Firmware file from above shared download link.
- Once you download, just extract both files in the same folder.
- Now boot your Moto Z Play device into fastboot mode by turn off your device and pressing Volume Down Button for a while.
- Now connect your device to PC and run the Auto Script.
- Wait for sometimes until the process gets finished.
- Once done, you will have Marshmallow installed on your Moto Z play.
- That’s it!
Hope this complete guide on How to Downgrade Moto Z Play from Android Nougat to Marshmallow. If you are facing any issues, then let us know in comments below.
Stay tuned for more updates! Cheers 😀 [Source]