Recently, Motorola rolled out the new Android 7.0 Nougat for Moto Z and Z Force and now it’s time for Moto Z Play. This update is not an OTA update, if you cannot wait for OTA or unable to Download the OTA update file then you can manually Update Moto Z Play to Android 7.0 Nougat using Laptop or Computer. This post is all about How to Manually Update Moto Z Play to Android 7.0 Nougat.
If you are looking for some guide post on How to Update Moto Z Play to Android Nougat manually, then you can get the guide and download files from here. The manually upgrade method is quite simple if you know how to add ADB commands, flashing your devices. The Moto Z Play Nougat Update File is sized less than 900MB. I have shared the download link and sideload the download file on your device via ADB. So without wasting anymore time, let’s check it out How to Update Moto Z Play to Android 7.0 Nougat manually via your PC or Laptop.
Update Moto Z Play to Android 7.0 Nougat
As you guys know, every new update brings many new features to the device. Likewise, the Android 7.0 Nougat Update for Moto Z Play brings lots of new features and performance enhancements to the device. The Moto Z Play users can enjoy it and some of the new update features like Multitasking feature, new battery life-saving features, new notification features, mobile data saving mode and security features too. Since the Moto Z Play is a not a Daydream smartphone, the update will not bring any VR features to the phone.
- Take a backup of your phone.
- Make sure your phone at least 50-60% charged.
- Do it at your Own risk, the ROM is experimental so you may have many bugs.
How to Download and Install Android 7.0 Nougat Update for Moto Z Play
To Install Android 7.0 Nougat OTA update on Moto Z Play device you should be running the Android Marshmallow version. Also, you need to download and install ADB and fastboot driver on your computer. Also, check on Update LeEco Le 1s to Nougat.
Download Moto Z Play Nougat Update File
Steps to Update Moto Z Play to Nougat [OTA Update]
- First, you need to Enable ‘USB Debugging’ by going through the ‘Developer Option’ menu.
- Then Download Moto Z Play Nougat OTA Update Zip file from the above link and store the file where ADB is installed on your device.
- Switch Off the mobile and Turn it on by pressing Volume Down + Power Button together for a while.
- You will enter the Recovery Mode, there Tap on ‘Apply Update from ADB’ and connect your Moto Z Play to PC.
- Navigate to the folder where OTA update file is stored and press Shift Key and Right Click and Choose Open Command Window Here. This will open a command window on your desktop.
- Now enter the below commands to check your device for proper connected,
- If your mobile is listed, then enter the below command to sideload. If your mobile is not listed, you need to reinstall ADB driver again.
adb sideload filename.zip [replace filename.zip with original filename]
- It will automatically start the installation process.Once the process completes, just Reboot your mobile.
- That’s it! You have successfully installed Android 7.0 Nougat on Moto Z Play.
Hope you have installed and knew How to Update Moto Z play to Android 7.0 Nougat Manually. If you are facing any issues then leave your thoughts in comments below.