Today we are here with a very well detailed tutorial on how you can easily install N-Lite Nougat ROM on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+. The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ is one among the flagship Android Smartphones from Samsung back in 2015.
The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ ran Android 5.0.1 Lollipop upon release and then later received an update to the Android version 6.0.1 Marshmallow. As of now, there has been no official firmware update for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ that could update the Android version running on the device to the latest 7.0 Nougat.
How to Install N-Lite Nougat ROM on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+?
However, if you own the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ and if it is already rooted then we are here with a method, following which you be able to install N-Lite Nougat ROM on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+.
Features of N-Lite Nougat ROM
- Partially deindexed.
- Extremely Debloated.
- Battery friendly.
The N-Lite Nougat ROM on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ has managed to remove a lot of unwanted bloatware apps from the device, and some of them include:
- Polaris viewer.
- Music Hub.
- Samsung Link.
And much more bloatware applications that were pre-installed on the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+.
Before proceeding to install N-Lite Nougat ROM on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+, please do confirm the below steps have been completed:
- This guide is only valid for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ with model number SM-G928.
- TWRP recovery must be already installed on your device.
- The battery backup percent should be at least 80% on your device.
- We are not responsible for any kind of damage on your Galaxy S6 Edge+ before or even after completing the guide below.
Steps to Install N-Lite Nougat ROM on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+
- Download the N-Lite Nougat ROM for your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ from here.
- Download the Magisk Manager from here.
- After downloading all the two files mentioned above, copy and then place all the files on the internal storage space of your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+.
- Boot your Galaxy S6 Edge+ to the TWRP recovery mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down+Power keys.
- From the recovery mode, choose the “Backup” option and then perform a Nandroid backup.
- Choose the “Wipe” option and then under “Advanced Wipe” select the dalvik, system and data options as shown below.
- Click on the Wipe option to erase all the above-selected data.
- Then from the main menu of the TWRP recovery, choose the “Install” option.
- Now select the ROM file that copied to the internal storage space of your device in Step 1 and confirms the selection.
- After the ROM has been successfully installed, your Galaxy S6 Edge+ will reboot.
- Once reboot completes, download the Magisk Manager application from the Google Play Store.
- Launch the Magisk Manager application on your device to enable the root permissions on your device (Link of the application provided in Step 2).
- You can later confirm whether the root permissions have been accessed successfully or not by downloading, installing and running the Root Checker app from the Play Store.
And now you have successfully completed the required steps to install N-Lite Nougat ROM on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+.