The HTCU Ultra is one of the latest Android Smartphone that was released just a few weeks back and we already have a method to root and install TWRP recovery on HTC U Ultra.
The U Ultra is a very different Android Smartphone from HTC when compared to other premium flagship devices from HTC such as the HTC M10. The HTC U Ultra still carries the premium internals, built quality and software that HTC is best known for.
If you are out there in search for a detailed tutorial which will take you through all the steps necessary to root and install TWRP recovery on HTC U Ultra, then today we are here with what you wished for.
- 1 HTC U Ultra Hardware Specifications:
- 2 How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on HTC U Ultra?
- 3 How to Install TWRP Recovery on HTC U Ultra [Rooted]
- 4 Final Verdict
HTC U Ultra Hardware Specifications:
Below is a brief description of the hardware specifications of the HTC U Ultra Android Smartphone:
- 5.7inch Quad-HD Super LCD5 display with a screen resolution of 1440×2560 pixels with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on the 64GB inbuilt storage variant and Sapphire Crystal Glass protection on the 128GB internal storage variant.
- The HTC U Ultra also features a 2.05inch secondary display to the top right corner that has a display resolution of 160×1040 pixels.
- Snapdragon 821 processor clocked at 2.15GHz.
- 4GB RAM.
- 12MP primary camera with f/1.8 aperture. The primary camera also features Optical Image Stabilization, Laser and Phase Detection autofocus and a Dual-LED flash as well.
- 16MP secondary camera sensor.
- USB Type-C port for syncing and charging.
- Front-mounted fingerprint scanner.
- 3000mAh non-removable battery.
- Color options of the HTC U Ultra include Brilliant Black, Sapphire Blue, Cosmetic Pink and Ice White.
How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on HTC U Ultra?
- Rooting your device may void your phone warranty.
- Take a backup of your phone.
- Make sure your phone at least 50-60% charged.
- Do it at your Own risk, the ROM is experimental so you may have many bugs.
Download Files to Root HTC U Ultra
How to Install TWRP Recovery on HTC U Ultra [Non-Rooted]
- Go to Settings>About Phone. Tap on Build Number for 7 times to enable Developer Settings. Next, go to Settings>Developer Options> and then enable USB Debugging.
- Now navigate to the ADB and Fastboot tool that you downloaded earlier. And from the window, use the Shift Key+Right Mouse button on any empty space to launch the Command Prompt window.
- Connect the HTC U Ultra to the PC.
- Type in the below command in the cmd window.
adb reboot download
- Then type this below command,
- Now again type the command mentioned below,
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Wait for your HTC U Ultra to reboot. After reboot, the TWRP recovery must be installed on your device.
- That’s it!
How to Install TWRP Recovery on HTC U Ultra [Rooted]
- Download the Flashify application from here on your HTC U Ultra.
- Download the TWRP Recovery file from here and move it to your phone’s internal storage.
- After installing, launch the Flashify application on your HTC U Ultra and then grant SuperUser permission for the application.
- Search for the TWRP recovery file that you copied to your phone and then install the same.
- After installing, you can verify whether the TWRP recovery file has been correctly installed on your HTC U Ultra or not by powering OFF your HTC U Ultra and then booting it up to the Recovery Mode by pressing Volume Up+Home+Power buttons.
How to Root HTC U Ultra?
- Launch the SuperSU file from your HTC U Ultra that you copied onto your Smartphone above.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the SuperSU file on your Smartphone.
- Reboot your HTC U Ultra.
- Your HTC U Ultra is now rooted.
That was a very easy to understand and follow guide on how to root and install TWRP recovery on HTC U Ultra. Hope you found this guide helpful on How to Root HTC U Ultra. In the case of any doubts or queries please leave them as comments below.