You can install this Android 7.1.1 based Hydrogen OS to try Android Nougat interface or even if you wanna change things from other UI to something new and exciting. So if you are pumped up, just follow this guide to install Hydrogen OS based Android 7.1.1 on OnePlus 2.
- How to Download & Install AOSP Nougat on Vernee Apollo Lite
- How to Install Official LineageOS 14.1 on Nextbit Robin [ether]
- How to Update Samsung Galaxy J7 to Android 7.1.1 via Lineage OS 14.1
OnePlus 2 originally came with Android 5.1 in August 2015 and currently has Android Marshmallow update from the company. But if you want the Nougat on your device without any delay, you can try the Hydrogen OS variant from Oneplus.
What is Hydrogen OS?
OnePlus currently has two ROMs for their devices after stopping CyanogenMod based ROMs. One is Oxygen OS for international models with full support and another is Hydrogen OS for just their Chinese markets that come without Google services and a different UI.
In the Hydrogen OS that we are providing you here, you can experience the Nougat version on your OnePlus 2. It can be downloaded and flashed easily. So without further due, let us get into our guide.
Flashing custom ROMs will void your warranty and can brick your device if done wrong. Keep in mind and do it at your own risk even if you are following this guide. We are not responsible for any damage that might happen to your device in this process. This guide is written carefully detailing all necessary steps and by following it you agree that you understand these risks.
- This method is only meant for OnePlus 2. Do not attempt to flash it on other devices.
- TWRP recovery (preferably) or CWM recovery installed on the device.
- Must have your bootloader unlocked.
- Backup your whole device just in case something goes wrong.
- Ensure that you have at least 60% of battery charged to prevent device shutdowns midway.
Download Hydrogen OS based Android 7.1.1 on OnePlus 2
Hydrogen OS ROM – Link
Gapps – Link
SuperSu – Link
How to Install Hydrogen OS based Android 7.1.1 on OnePlus 2
- Download both the files given above andTransfer them to your phone’s SD card.
- Now, turn your OnePlus 2 off.
- Press and hold Power and Volume down button simultaneously.
- You will be taken to the recovery mode after a few seconds.
- Make sure to backup the contents by pressing Backup option and wait for the operation to complete. This is a precautionary step that we recommend you do this in case something goes wrong.
- Ater that, perform the wipe by choosing Wipe > Advanced Wipe and wipe cache data, Dalvik and perform a factory reset.
- Now go back to the starting screen of TWRP.
- Select Install and select the Hydrogen OS ROM file first and flash it.
- Now, wait for the installation to finish and finally, select Gapps and SuperSU files and flash them.
- Reboot the device and you will notice a different boot animation.
Now you have Nougat OS on your OnePlus 2 and that is a Hydrogen OS skin. Hope you found the guide on how to install Hydrogen OS based Android 7.1.1 on OnePlus 2 useful. If you have issues or any doubts, drop a comment below.
Stay tuned for more updates on custom ROMs!