Usually, U.S. region smartphones come with a carrier lock and it does not support any other carrier SIM other than the home network SIM. It is much cheaper to get and use for anyone in U.S. But if you have a region locked phone like that and want to use any of your SIM or if you just want to change your carrier before the contract, you first need to unlock its GSM. If you do that, you will be able to switch to other carriers. Here, we are going to show you how to unlock GSM on Sprint LG G5.
- How to Take Screenshots on Moto G5 Plus
- Get LG G6 Like Rounded Display Corners on Any Android Phone
- How to Install Official Lineage OS 14.1 on LG G3 Sprint
Unlock GSM on Sprint LG G5
Our method is devised by the XDA members hyelton and vittger. It does not require root access. So it is really safe but a lengthy process. Just follow the steps below to get GSM unlocked on your Sprint LG G5.
You will need this app for our method. It is not available in Play Store so download the .apk file from the link below.
Hidden Menu Call – Link
How to Unlock GSM on Sprint LG G5
- Download the .apk file and transfer it on the Sprint LG G5 from the link we have provided above.
- Make sure you have enabled installations from unknown sources on your phone. Go to Settings > Security > Unknown Sources. This enables us to install apps directly with our .apk file (The app we provided is safe, don’t worry).
- After that, just navigate to the place where you put the .apk and install it.
- Launch the app that you just installed. Scroll down a bit and select IOT(CDG2).
- In Settings > Operation Mode > Lab Network, select LTE.
- Now, your phone will reboot.
- When it turns back on, repeat what we have done once again. Open the app, select IOT(CDG2) and select LTE in settings.
- Select the Band25 option now.
- In LTE Data > Roam Config, enable everything you find there.
- Return the main screen of the app and go to ModemProtocol > RAT Selection and select GSM/WCDMA/LTE Auto.
- Restart your phone.
- Now your LG G5 is unlocked and can support any US carrier and even any GSM international carriers.
To have easy internet network on your LG G5, you need to add APNs for your carrier which is just another simple step.
Open the HiddenMenuCall app once again, go to IOT(CDG2) > LTE Setting > APN Settings and then add an APN that is for your carrier. Set the APN type as “default” and authentication type “None”.
So with this method, you can unlock region lock on Sprint LG G5. You can use AT&T, T-Mobile orany other US carriers and also any international GSM carriers. Did this method help you? Hope it did. Share it if you think it will help someone else and you can add a comment below if you have any doubts or questions.
Stay tuned for more updates!