The super-hyped Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ flagships are getting released very soon. There have been a lot of software stuff from the phones that leaked over the Internet in past few weeks. We’ve been sharing them all with you from the start. If you have noticed, we have already shared a Guide to Install Bixby Assistant on any Samsung Device Running Nougat, a way to Get Galaxy S8-Like Rounded Display on Any Android Devices and a lot more. Adding to them all, here we bring you the Samsung Galaxy S8’s ROM to Galaxy S6. It will port the ROM on S8+ into your Samsung Galaxy S6. So if you want to try them, follow the guide to Install Galaxy S8 Plus Ported ROM on Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ are Finally Official: Best Galaxy Flagships so Far
- Download Samsung Galaxy S8 Stock Wallpapers (Official)
- How to Install TWRP and Root Samsung Galaxy S8
The ROM is based on Android 7.0 Nougat that comes with the March Security patch. All thanks to the XDA developer AlexisXDA for this method. Here you can download the ported Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus ROM for the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. Just follow the instructions below and begin right away.
Rooting or flashing Custom ROMs will void your warranty and can brick your device if done wrong. Keep that in mind and do it at your own risk even if you are following this guide. We are not responsible for any damage that might happen to your device in this process. This guide is written carefully detailing all necessary steps and by following it you agree that you understand these risks.
- Make sure that your device is at least 50-60% charged.
- This method only works for Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge smartphones. Do not attempt this on any other phones.
- As we already mentioned, rooting will void your warranty.
- This process will also erase all files on the phone, make sure you perform a full backup before proceeding.
- You will also lose the current ROM (Stock or custom) that is already installed.
- You need a PC or laptop.
- Be sure to install the USB drivers on your PC.
- Download the files provided below and transfer them to your phone’s internal memory.
Steps to Install Galaxy S8 Plus Ported ROM on Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge
- Turn off your phone and boot into TWRP recovery by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power buttons at the same time.
- Go to Wipe and perform a full wipe by ticking all partitions except the Internal Storage and wiping data.
- Then, tap on Install.
- Browse through the Internal Storage to find the downloaded ROM zip file and select it.
- Swipe to start the installation.
- After the ROM installation is complete, flash the Gaaps zip file using Install again.
- That’s it. Now reboot your phone one last time and you are done.
You have now successfully completed the process. That is the end of our guide to Install Galaxy S8 Plus Ported ROM on Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. Hope this helped, share it and drop a comment below if you have any queries.
Hope you enjoyed this guide. Stay tuned for more updates!