Xiaomi’s latest flagship device “Xiaomi Mi 6” was launched a few months back and today we are going to cover the Xiaomi Mi 6 on our root guide. We now have a way to root and install TWRP on the device. So if you own a Xiaomi Mi 6 and want to root and install recovery on it, follow our guide here to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Mi 6. If you are already own Mi 6 device and want to Root Xiaomi Mi 6 smartphone then the post will help you a bit. All you need is just to follow the process we mentioned below to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Mi 6. Make sure you have to install any custom recovery or TWRP 3.1.0 or latest version.
We are showing you a very simple procedure that requires a PC or laptop. After rooting your device, you will gain a lot of access like: Can uninstall factory apps, install your own custom ROMs, change system settings, etc. It is what every Android enthusiast will do first thing after buying a new phone. So let’s check it out How to Root Xiaomi Mi 6 and Install TWRP or other custom recovery tool on it.
Root Xiaomi Mi 6
Rooting or flashing Custom ROMs will void your warranty and can brick your device if done wrong. Keep that in mind and do it at your own risk even if you are following this guide. We are not responsible for any damage that might happen to your device in this process. This guide is written carefully detailing all necessary steps and by following it you agree that you understand these risks.
- Make sure that your device is at least 50-60% charged.
- You need unlocked bootloader.
- Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging in developer options.
- All files present in your phone will be erased. So be sure to take a backup before proceeding.
- This method only works for Xiaomi Mi 6. Do not attempt this on any other smartphones.
- As we already mentioned, rooting will void your warranty.
Benefits of Rooting
Benefits you ask? There are many. Rooting is an essential thing that almost every Android enthusiast does after getting a new smartphone. It unlocks the full potential of an Android, it lets you install custom ROMs, tweak hardware inside, change the looks of software and a lot more.
There are improvements that can be made to increase performance, tweaks and a lot more. So it is surely a good step to take and you can unroot your device anytime to roll back to the starting state. The process is simple and reversible.
Steps to Install TWRP on Xiaomi Mi 6
- Go to the ADB folder where it was installed and open the CMD window by pressing ‘shift’ key and right-clicking anywhere on the folder. And download the TWRP from above and Rename it to recovery.img.
- Reboot your device and enter the command below.
adb reboot bootloader
- Once you enter the Fastboot mode and then enter the code below in the adb window.
- Again type the below commands,
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now type below command to boot into recovery.
fastboot boot recovery.img
- Then restart your device by typing the code “fastboot reboot” and follow below steps after installing TWRP.
Steps to Root Xiaomi Mi 6
- Boot your device into Recover mode
- Choose the language and click “Never show this screen on boot again”, and Swipe allows modification
- Install Zip and select ‘no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip’.
- Go to “Wipe” section and tap “Format Data”, and type “yes” and transfer the no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip and SuperSu via MTP
- Swipe to flash no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip
- Once you Flash it. After that reboot your device. That’s it.
That’s it from us here. You have now successfully rooted your Xiaomi Mi 6. Hope this guide to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Mi 6 helped you. Share it and drop a comment below if you have any queries. Stay tuned for more updates!