Earlier we shared the latest release from OnePlus, Oxygen OS 4.5.2 update for OnePlus 5 and now we got you the HydrogenOS and you can direct download Hydrogen OS 3.5 for OnePlus 5. This H2OS 3.5 is based on latest Android 7.1 Nougat and the first version released for OnePlus 5 devices. All you need is just to follow the below instructions to Download & Install Hydrogen OS 3.5 on OnePlus 5 smartphone.
Hydrogen OS 3.5 for OnePlus 5 is released only for China but with this tutorial, you can try it on international variant without any issues! The Hydrogen OS 3.5 comes with few Chinese bloatware and it doesn’t have GApps pre-installed on the device. But it’s always recommended trying Oxygen OS for OnePlus devices. So first we talk about the H2OS 3.5 for OP5!
- 1 What is Hydrogen OS?
- 2 Hydrogen OS 3.5 on OnePlus 5
- 3 Download HydrogenOS 3.5 for OnePlus 5
- 4 Steps to Install Hydrogen OS 3.5 on OnePlus 5
What is Hydrogen OS?
OnePlus currently has two ROMs for their devices after stopping CyanogenMod based ROMs. One is Oxygen OS for international models with full support and another is Hydrogen OS for just their Chinese markets that come without Google services and a different UI.
In the Hydrogen OS that we are providing you here, you can experience the Android 7.1 Nougat version on your OnePlus 5. It can be downloaded and flashed easily. So without further due, let us get into our guide.
Hydrogen OS 3.5 on OnePlus 5
This custom ROM for OnePlus 5 is developed only for Chinese variants devices but you can install H2OS 3.5 on international OP5 units too. If you wanna change things from other UI to something new and exciting. So if you are pumped up, just follow this guide to install Hydrogen OS based Android 7.1.1 Nougat on OnePlus 5.
- This method is only meant for OnePlus 5. Do not attempt to flash it on other devices.
- TWRP recovery (preferably) or CWM recovery installed on the device.
- Must Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 5.
- Backup your whole device just in case something goes wrong.
- Ensure that you have at least 70% of battery charged to prevent device shutdowns midway.
Download HydrogenOS 3.5 for OnePlus 5
Steps to Install Hydrogen OS 3.5 on OnePlus 5
Install Hydrogen OS 3.5 on OnePlus 5 for [Non-Rooted]
- Download the H2OS 3.5 Zip file and save it in your Internal Storage.
- Now Turn Off your devices and Boot into Recovery Mode by pressing the Volume Down+Power Button for a while.
- Now Wipe data and cache memory and proceed ahead.
- ln, the Recovery mode chooses your preferred language and select Install from Local.
- Then select the Zip file and click the Install to start the process.
- Now just still back and wait for a while until the installation complete.
- Once done, Reboot your device.
- That’s it!
Install Hydrogen OS 3.5 on OnePlus 5 for [Rooted]
- Install TWRP Recovery app.
- Download the Hydrogen OS 3.5 full ROM and move it to your phone internal memory.
- Reboot your mobile into TWRP Recovery Mode and take a backup.
- Now Wipe > Advance Wipe > Select Dalvik and Cache & Swipe to wipe.
- Then click on the Install Menu and select HydrogenOS ROM zip file.
- Now just Swipe to Flash the ROM and Wipe Dalvik & Cache again.
- Now go back again and click on Install Menu and Select HydrogenOS Rom Zip file.
- Swipe to Flash the ROM and Wipe Dalvik & Cache again.
- Flash the SuperSu and Reboot your device!
- That’s it! You are done!
How to Install Gapps on OnePlus 5 [International & Chinese Variant]
- Download Google Installer v2 or Gapps from here.
- To install enable the Unknown Sources. To enable, go to phone settings > Additional Setting.
- Now open the file manager and browse for Google_Installer.apk file.
- Install the Google Installer on your device.
- Open the Google Installer app and click on the blue button.
- This will Install Google Play Store and Play Services On OnePlus 5.
Hope this guide post on How to Download and Install Hydrogen OS 3.5 on OnePlus 5 is helpful to you! If you find worth to share, please do share with your friends and help them Install H2OS 3.5 on OnePlus 5 Smartphones! If you have issues or any doubts, drop a comment below. Stay tuned for more!