How would you disable Whatsapp status feature on your Android smartphone? You came to the right place then. Today I am going to tell you how to retrieve old Whatsapp status messages back again.
Whatsapp rolled out a new update, which allows users to share stories and status and it is going to vanish after 24 hours. Some users found it praiseworthy while others are considered it inadequate. You may have many questions, one among ‘What happened to my old text WhatsApp status?’ The answer will be simple, They’re gone! Welcome to New WhatsApp Status Feature Update which works similar to SnapChat App.
- Top Ways To Secure Rooted Devices from Security Threats
- How to Flash Samsung Galaxy S7 using ODIN Tool on Computer
But there’s a way to get back old status message style on your Whatsapp account event after the recent update. Yeah! That’s correct. Just stick to this article and read till the end to find out how to Disable Whatsapp status feature on your Android mobile. So, without any further ado let’s begin right away.
Note: This method works only on Rooted Android Devices.
- 1 How to Disable New Whatsapp Status Feature on Android
- 2 Disable WhatsApp Status feature by WA tweaks app
- 3 How to Create WhatsApp Status Update
- 4 How to Delete WhatsApp Status Update
How to Disable New Whatsapp Status Feature on Android
Whatsapp is the most popular messaging app around the world. The users’ numbers are gaining day by day. But I am not here to tell you about Whatsapp stats. Nope. You are here to learn how to get back Whatsapp status just like before the new update.
You can share pictures, videos and GIF images same as Snapchat, and it is going to disappear after a while (24 hours). Whatsapp is enhancing its features to take down all others messaging apps gradually.
Previously, Whatsapp launched calling feature, and it is very helpful to speak with your friends for free. Later, they introduced video chat for video calling. However, it’s not as good as other video chat apps available right now.
Alright. It’s time for action. Oops! I mean that it’s time to tell you about the two methods to Disable Whatsapp status on Android. You can try the most suitable method to do it. Let’s go.
Method #1: Disable WhatsApp Status Feature in Android Phone
- At first, you must force stop Whatsapp App.
- Next, go to Root Explorer app.
- Now, visit Data/data/com.whatsapp/shared_prefs/com.whatsapp.preferences.xml
- Look for the Key Name ” Status_mode”
- You will notice the value 1; change it to 0.
- You can take a look at the example below to understand better.
<int name=”Status_mode” Value=”1″/>
- It’ll seem like this after tweaking:-
- Just click on Save button to complete this step. You wouldn’t see the new Whatsapp feature any longer if you did everything correctly so far. It’s safe and easy to understand for all users. Stop thinking, and try it.
Disable WhatsApp Status feature by WA tweaks app
You need to root your Android device by using WA tweaks app to turn off the new Whatsapp status feature on your phone. You should be using Android OS above 4.0 to follow this tutorial.
Wa tweaks require root permission to enable/disable the feature of WhatsApp, and it works with official version only. You can’t use it with other Whatsapp like Whatsapp Prime, 2lines for WhatsApp and 2 lines for whazapp.
- You will require these following files to turn off the new Whatsapp status feature. Let’s take a look.
I assume that you know how to root an Android device with KingRoot WA Tweaks. You can download the latest WA Tweaks from here. Also, don’t forget that you should have Android 4.0 or above. That’s all you need to gets started.
Must Check: How to Hide WhatsApp Message?
Method #1: Disable WhatsApp Status Feature on Android device
- At first, download the latest Wa Tweaks from above.
- Just ensure that you are usingAndroid OS above 4.0X.
- You will see “Unknown source error” when you’ll install this app for the first time.
- Go to settings and enable ‘unknown sources’.
- Next, install WA tweaks app
- Force stop WhatsApp and open your phone Settings > App Settings >WhatsApp app >Force Stop
- Launch Wa Tweaks app, and turn off “Enable new home UI ”.
- Open Whatsapp and see whether the new update is available or not.
- That’s all. You have removed the new shitty disable WhatsApp status update from your Android device
How to Create WhatsApp Status Update
- Open the WhatsApp on your mobile and Tap on Status.
- Then Tap on My Status. Click the little circle with a + sign on the top right.
- Now Take a photo or video by pressing the shutter option. You can even select one from the Galary by taping the more option at the bottom of the screen.
- Give a caption by tapping on Add a caption, and then tap on the Send icon.
- You can Press the menu button on the right side to check how many people have seen your new WhatsApp Update.
- For seeing the names of the people, you can Tap on the eye icon.
- That’s it! You’re done! The New WhatsApp status will disappear in 24 hours. So plan for another 😛
How to Delete WhatsApp Status Update
- Again open the WhatsApp on your device.
- Go to the Status tab and look for the status you want to delete.
- Click on the eye icon if you want to see how many people have seen your status. I messed up, how do I delete my WhatsApp Status?
- Then just Click the trash icon, and tap Delete to confirm.
- That’s it! You have deleted your WhatsApp Status
I’ve shared with you two methods to disable the new Whatsapp status feature on any Android device. You can do it by changing the value or you can do it via an external application. I hope that you found it useful. You can also check out the below video where the guys shared another method to Disable New Status Feature in WhatsApp,
Just take a minute and share this article with your friends on social media platforms to help others as well. There are many people who dislike this new feature of Whatsapp and so I am sharing these two methods with all of you. Hope you enjoyed this post on Disable WhatsApp Status Feature.
- how to remove new whatsapp status
- whatsapp my status update remove
Keep visiting this blog for more interesting articles. Let me know if you’re having any difficulty to comprehend this tutorial. What’s your personal opinion about the new feature of Whatsapp? [Source]