The Huawei Mate 9 is a very popular camera-centric Android Smartphone. Like any other Smartphone, to enjoy the true power of the hardware on your Mate 9, you can try to root and install TWRP recovery on Huawei Mate 9, if you wish to.
And if you need a well-explained guide on how to root and install TWRP recovery on Huawei Mate 9 easily without any hassles, then below is all that you are looking for.
Hardware Specifications of Huawei Mate 9:
The key hardware specifications of the Huawei Mate 9 Android device is as follows:
- 5.9inch Full-HD display with screen resolution of 1080x1920pixels.
- HiSilicon Kirin 960 octa-core processor clocked at 2.4GHz.
- 4GB RAM.
- 64GB inbuilt storage.
- 20MP+12MP rear camera.
- 8MP front facing shooter.
- 4000mAh non-removable battery.
Features of Huawei Mate 9:
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3 display protection.
- Runs on the Android 7.0 Nougat operating system with Huawei custom-built EMUI 5.0 interface.
- Storage expansion support till up to 256GB.
- Dual-camera setup in the rear with 20MP+12MP Leica-made lenses.
- Optical Image Stabilization.
- Quad HD video recording support at 30 fps.
- Latest USB Type-C port for charging and syncing.
- Rear mounted fingerprint scanner.
- Fast charging supported.
- Color variants include Moonlight Silver, Mocha Brown, Space Gray, Ceramic White, Champagne Gold, Obsidian Black and Black.
How to Install TWRP recovery on Huawei Mate 9?
Here is the article that will take you through the required procedures to install TWRP recovery on Huawei Mate 9:
- Enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging on your Mate 9 under Settings>Developer Options. You can enable Developer Options by going to Settings>About Phone and then tap the Build Number 7 times.
- Make sure that the bootloader of your Mate 9 is already unlocked.
- Download the TWRP recovery file from here to your computer. Rename the file downloaded to “recovery.img”.
- Download the ADB & Fastboot tool from here and extract it to a separate folder.
- Now from your PC, open the folder to which you extracted the ADB & Fastboot tool in the previous step.
- Use Shift key+Right mouse click in an empty space from the same folder to bring the CMD prompt window.
- Connect the Huawei Mate 9 to the PC.
- In the CMD window, key in the command “adb reboot bootloader”.
- Then type the command “fastboot devices”.
- Now type in “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img”.
- Finally, type the command “fastboot reboot”.
Now you have successfully installed TWRP recovery on Huawei Mate 9.
How to Root Huawei Mate 9?
As said above, below is a well-detailed guide on how to root the Huawei Mate 9:
- Download the SuperSU file from here to your PC and then transfer it to the internal storage of your Mate 9.
- Follow Steps 5 to 7 listed in the above guide.
- In the CMD window, now type the command “adb reboot recovery”.
- From the TWRP recovery menu that appears on your Mate 9, click on the Install Option.
- And then choose the SuperSU file that you copied to your device above and confirm the selection.
- Wait for the device to complete the rooting procedures.
- Reboot your Huawei Mate 9.
You just finished the easiest guide to root and install TWRP recovery on Huawei Mate 9.
Any troubles in following the guide? Leave a comment below and we are here to help you.