Huawei’s EMUI is a fully feature packed UI from the Chinese brand which has a lot more to offer the users than stock Android. And it is no doubt that the EMUI 5 has a lot more to give than its predecessor EMUI 4.1. Particularly there is the multi-window feature that grabbed much attention. Here we provide the EMUI 4.1 users that feature with this trick. So follow our guide to Enable EMUI 5 Multi Window on EMUI 4.1 [Android 6.x].
How to Enable EMUI 5 Multi Window on EMUI 4.1 [Android 6.x]
The Multi-window feature allows users to split the screen into two halves and work on two different apps at the same time. It was introduced earlier by brands like LG and Samsung. Later it got into many other smartphones. Huawei offered it only on tablets with the EMUI 5. You cannot have it on smartphones, up until now. Now we are here with a way to get this feature on EMUI 4.1 smartphone of yours.
Before proceeding make sure that you read the instructions and requirements below. You can follow the steps below to start the procedure.
Rooting or flashing Custom ROMs will void your warranty and can brick your device if done wrong. Keep that in mind and do it at your own risk even if you are following this guide. We are not responsible for any damage that might happen to your device in this process. This guide is written carefully detailing all necessary steps and by following it you agree that you understand these risks.
- Your device must be running EMUI 4.1. Do not attempt this on any other versions.
- You must have your bootloader unlocked.
- Your device must be rooted.
- A file manager with root access (ES File Explorer recommended)
HwMwLauncher.zip – Link
Steps to Enable EMUI 5 Multi Window on EMUI 4.1 [Android 6.x]
- Download the zip file provided above. Make sure you have ES File Explorer (or any other file manager with root access) installed on your smartphone.
- Transfer the HwMwLauncher zip to your phone and extract it.
- Open the ES File Explorer and go to /system directory. There, open build.prop.
- Now, search for the text “ro.huawei.multiwindow”. When found, change its value from false to true.
- Get back to the root directory and go to system/app. Move the HwMwLauncher folder you brought to this location.
- After that, long-press the file and choose Permissions. The permissions of oat and arm64 folders must be same as the one for HwMwLauncher folder. Similarly, the permission of .odex file must be same as .apk one. Refer the image to get clear.
- After all of that’s done, reboot your device once.
- Once you boot in, you can enjoy the multi-window feature on your EMUI 4.1.
That is all from us here today. Hope you found this guide useful like usual. If you enjoyed our guide on how to Enable EMUI 5 Multi Window on EMUI 4.1 [Android 6.x], share our article and leave a comment below. Ask us if you have any doubts.
Stay tuned for more updates!