In WWDC, Apple has mad tons of Announcements, but the One who gets most of the Attention is the Update of iOS 11. iPhone has made so many changes from iOS 10, Changes Like New Notification Center, Native Screen Recording, New Customizable Control Center, A Brand New App Store, New Files App and much more. With the Unveiling of iOS 11, They have launched a Beta Version of iOS 11. So, If you are thinking to check this, Below is a Guide on How to Install iOS 11 Beta on your iDevices. 🙂
- 1 How to Install iOS 11 Beta on your iPhone or iPad
- 1.1 Install iOS 11 on your iOS Device via Configuration File
- 1.2 Alternate Methods:
How to Install iOS 11 Beta on your iPhone or iPad
So how to install ios 11 Beta? Below I have Mentioned Some Devices, That compatible with New iOS 11 Beta.
> iPhone Device- iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, SE, 6, 6 Plus, 5S
> iPad- iPad Pro 10.5-inch, iPad Pro 12.9-inch 2nd gen, iPad 9.7-inch, iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Pro 9.7-inch, iPad Pro 12.9-inch, iPad Air, iPad mini 2
> iPod- iPod Touch 6th generation
Requirements- An Apple ID Developer Account (Available at $99), A Compatible iOS Device, Windows PC or MAC.
Install iOS 11 on your iOS Device via Configuration File
Note: Before Installing, Must make Backup of your Device. For Doing this, Go to iOS Setting> iCloud> Backup. In Case if any issue Happen, You can Install the Stock iOS on your Device.
First Register your iPhone/iPad to Developer Betas
1. You have to need the UDID of your iPhone or iPad to Register your Device. You Can Get it by connecting your iPhone/iPad PC or MAC via iTunes. Click on your device’s Serial Number, and Then you’ll see the UDID, Just Copy it.
2. After this, Open The Browser and Go to this link. Now Login with your Apple ID and Password, After Login, Go to Certificates, ID’s and Profiles and After that Device Section. Now here Select your Device 😉
3. Now you have to click on the Plus icon and Enter the Details of your device. Enter a Name for your Device and the UDID that we copied. And then click on Continue.
Voila! Your iPhone or iPad device is now successfully registered for iOS Developers Betas. Now you can Install iOS 10 Beta in your device.
Steps to Get iOS 11 Beta in your Device as OTA
1. Go to your iPhone and open the Download page using this link. After Login, Scroll down, and you’ll see iOS 11 Beta Section, Tap on that to download the Configuration file.
3. Once the Installing process finishes, Restart your Device. After Restart, It will get a Software Update for iOS 11 Beta. Just Tap on Download and Install And Sit Back and Relax.
Note: The File is around 1.9 GB using this method for iPhone 6. It may differ on Devices. The Update will only be downloaded over WiFi so must set up a Wi-Fi Connection befoe proceeding.
4. After Completing the Installation Process, Your Device will Restart. After Opening the Screen, it’ll show a message as Update Complete, Just Tap on Continue. And that’s it 😉
Install iOS 11 Beta Through IPSW file
1. Well, There is another thing that you can do, If you are interested in Installing iOS 11 Beta on your iOS Device. You can Manually Install it. You have to download the file of iOS 11 Beta Restore Image from this Link. The size of this file is Around 2.9GB GB for iPhone 6; This may change and Depends on your device.
2. After Downloading the File, you have to connect your smartphone with PC or Mac and Open up iTunes. Now, Press the Hold option for Mac, and Shift on a Windows PC and Click for Check Updates.
3. Now, A Dialog Box will open Up; Now you have to select the IPSW file of iOS 11 Beta. After selecting the File, The Update will be Flashed Automatically.
Note: Make sure Not to Remove you iDevice while the Installing Process. 🙂
Hurray! The iOS 11 Beta is Now successfully Installed in Your iDevice. 🙂
Wait for iOS 11 Public Beta
Well, I wouldn’t suggest you Install iOS Developers Beta for Daily purpose in your iDevice. Because there the Word is Attached Developers, It means that it must have some issues like Lagging, Force Stop, Restart and other problems. So I will Rather Suggest to wait and Go for an Officially Update for Public iOS 11 Beta. This may be Launch in End of June or Start of July. You can Find that here from this Link.
Final Words: Are You Ready to install iOS 11 Developer Beta on your iDevice?
As there are so many of New features come out with this, Chances of Some issues Comes too. Not So many peoples are interested with this Update, but I am. There are tons of Features that I love in this Update. SIRI is working Better; I like it’s new control Center too.
There are a lot of Customization they have made. So I wouldn’t blame you if you want to make a Switch to iOS 11. Well, Hope this Post will Be helpful, If you feel Any Issue, Make Sure to Comment Down Below, I Will be happy to Help you. Also, Share your Experience with iOS 11 Developers Beta. 🙂
If you are facing any issues while the process on install ios 11 Beta? Let us know below!
Image Source: Beebom