Today I am going to tell how to install Lineage OS 14.1 on ZTE Axon 7. ZTE Axon 7 launched back in June 2016. It released Android Nougat update on February 7, 2017. Those people who rooted their device won’t receive this update on ZTE Axon 7. But you can install Android 7.0 Nougat based LineageOS 14.1 on ZTE Axon 7. But let me tell you about LineageOS first before jumping into the main section.
How to Download & Install Lineage OS 14.1 on ZTE Axon 7?
The method has been tested by the developer along with the others. You will be able to install LineageOS 14.1 on ZTE Axon 7 device without any trouble. So, without any further ado let me show you how to install LineageOS on ZTE Axon 7.
What is Lineage OS?
CyanogenMod is no more. You can consider as the next gen of CyanogenMod. LineageOS is an open source project with additional contributions by various developers. The LineageOS 14.1 ROM developed by wee-known XDA developer unjustified Dev, and it built to support Android 7.x Nougat, while ROM Kernel is Linux 3.10.x and the ROM is based on CyanogenMod. Just keep in mind that it needs Universal Bootloader and Modem packages to flash the ROM. Alright. Let’s proceed to the next part now.
- It will work on ZTE Axon 7 A2017, A2017G, and A2017U.
- You should charge your device more than 50-60% before following this tutorial.
- Activate USB Debugging and OEM Unlock from Settings-> Developer Options.
- You should take a backup all of your necessary data to your SD Card or computer.
- Just ensure that you got an Unlocked Bootloader before starting.
- You must have installed TWRP on your ZTE Axon 7.
Download LineageOS 14.1 for ZTE Axon 7
Steps to Install LineageOS 14.1 on ZTE Axon 7
You must have downloaded all three files by now. That’s good. Alright. You’re ready to install Lineage OS 14.1 on Zte Axon 7 now. Just follow few simple steps, and you are ready to go. Let’s start. Shall we?
- Press the Backup button and to make a quick backup of your ROM on SD card.
- Now, switch off your mobile and start boot by holding Power + Volume Down buttons concurrently.
- Next, check if Bootloader unlocked and TWRP installed. Otherwise, you need to unlock Bootloader right away to move on to the next phase.
- At first, download above three files in your device (if you didn’t yet).
- Remove all data from Wipe-> Advanced Wipe and select data, system, Dalvik, and cache just like the below screenshot.
- Press ‘Swipe to Wipe’ to erase all of your data from the device.
- Now, go back to the menu of TWRPP and hit install button
- Choose LineageOS 14.1 ROM from the inbuilt memory
- Select the LineageOS 14.1 ROM from the internal memory of your device and Swipe to install.
- Revert to install menu after completing ROM installation and select Gapps from the internal storage.
- Restart ZTE Axon 7 after installing Gapps successfully.
- It may take close to 10 minutes to boot for the first time. Just be patient during this process.
- Congrats! You can use LineageOS 14.1 ROM with Android 7.1.1 Nougat on ZTE Axon 7 now.