Nubia Z9 Max was launched with Nubia UI 2.8 which is based on Android Lollipop version. Though the chances of getting the official Android 7.1.2 Nougat update is rare and if you are a ZTE Nubia Z9 Max owner then you can enjoy Android Nougat with custom ROM like LineageOS 14.1. If you are interested to install LineageOS 14.1 on Nubia Z9 Max (code named nx512j) then this post might help you a bit. So what you get with this new Lineage OS 14.1 while you download and install on ZTE Nubia Z9 Max device?
A few months back, the Lineage OS team updated the ROM to Android 7.1.2 with various bug fixes and optimizations. It includes you can experience multi-window mode, enhanced notification system, night mode, data saver mode option, one handed mode, improved battery life, latest security patches and more on ZTE Nubia Z9 Max.
LineageOS 14.1 for ZTE Nubia Z9 Max
LineageOS is based on Android Open Source Project and is free. LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2 Nougat) comes with new features, a lot of customization options and latest Android security patches (June 1, 2017) to Nubia Z9 Max. This particular version of the LineageOS 14.1 for ZTE Nubia Z9 Max is unofficial and is still kind of work in progress. Things working in the ROM are listed below and bugs are actively found and fixed by the XDA developer. The ROM is still stable and functional, so try it with confidence.
Flashing custom ROMs will void your warranty and can brick your device if done wrong. Keep in mind and do it at your own risk even if you are following this guide. We are not responsible for any damage that might happen to your device in this process. This guide is written carefully detailing all necessary steps and by following it you agree that you understand these risks.
- Your device bootloader should be unlocked.
- Make sure that your device is at least 50-60% charged.
- TWRP recovery (preferably) or CWM recovery installed on the device.
- Make sure to take a full backup of your data.
- This ROM is meant only for Nubia Z9 Max. Do not attempt to flash it on any other devices.
Download LineageOS 14.1 ROM for Nubia Z9 MaxDownload LineageOS 14.1 ROM Download Gapps for ZTE Nubia Z9 Max
How to install LineageOS 14.1 on Nubia Z9 Max (nx512j)
- Download all the required files given above and transfer them all to your phone’s SD card.
- Turn off your device and Boot Nubia Z9 Max in to TWRP. To do that Press and hold Power and Volume down button simultaneously. You will be taken to the recovery mode after a few seconds.
- Make sure to backup the contents by pressing Backup option and wait for the operation to complete. This is not a required step but is a precautionary one. We recommend you do this in case something goes wrong.
- Then perform the wipe by choosing Wipe > Advanced Wipe and wipe cache data and perform a factory reset.
- Now go back to the starting screen of TWRP.
- Select Install and select the firmware file first and flash it.
- After flashing firmware, select the LineageOS 14.1 zip and flash it.
- Wait for the installation to finish and finally, select Gapps file and install it.
- Reboot the device and you will notice LineageOS boot animation.
That is it. You have now successfully install LineageOS 14.1 on Nubia Z9 Max. Hope this guide helped you to flash properly. If you have any doubts, do comment below. Stay tuned for more updates!