So how to Download Android 7.1 Nougat Lineage OS 14.1 For Huawei P9? How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Huawei P9? Let’s check out this post on How to Download and Install Lineage OS 14.1 for Huawei P9!
Good news for all Huawei P9! The Huawei P9 got it official Lineage OS update today! This update comes with lots new features and improvements. It also comes with optimised battery life than before and gives you the latest version of Android 7.1.1. This post is all about How to Download and Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Huawei P9.
- How To Download & Install Lineage OS 14.1 On Samsung Galaxy S4
- Download and Install Lineage OS 14.1 on LeEco Le 1s
- How to Download & Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Moto G4 And G4 Plus
Just follow the below guide or steps on How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 for Huawei P9. The LineageOS 14.1 ROM is similar to Android 7.1 Nougat and just follow the simple instruction to download and Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Huawei P9 (Android 7.1.1 Nougat). Also for this method, we gonna use TWRP Recovery to flash the custom ROM in no time.
What is Lineage OS?
CyanogenMod is no more. You can consider as the next gen of CyanogenMod. LineageOS is an open source project with additional contributions by various developers. The LineageOS 14.1 ROM developed by wee-known XDA developer unjustified Dev, and it built to support Android 7.x Nougat, while ROM Kernel is Linux 3.10.x and the ROM is based on CyanogenMod. Just keep in mind that it needs Universal Bootloader and Modem packages to flash the ROM. Alright. Let’s proceed to the next part now.
Download Lineage OS 14.1 for Huawei P9
The Huawei P9 powered with 1.8GHz octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 955 processor and it comes with 3/4GB of RAM. It has 5.2 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. This device features Dual 12 megapixel rare camera and 8-megapixel front camera. The smartphone is backed with a Non-removable 3000 mAh battery.
So here what we gonna do to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Huawei P9. It’s just like installing custom ROM on your devices. The only difference, here you will installing Gapps additional to ensure that you use apps from Google Play store. Let’s check it How to Download Huawei P9 Lineage OS 14.1 ROM with Android 7.1 Nougat.?
Things works fine with this update,
- Camera (front and rear)
- Requires Root Access and latest TWRP Recovery.
- Your device must have 50-60% charged.
- Take a full backup of your data.
- The Custom ROM shared here only works on Huawei P9.
Note: The ROM is an initial nougat alpha build and it may contains bugs. So try on your own Risk!
Download Lineage OS ROM Files for Huawei P9
|Custom ROMs for Huawei P9||Download Links|
|Lineage OS 14.1 ROM File||Link|
How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Huawei P9 Officially?
- First, you need to download the LineageOS 14.1 for your device from above. Also, you need to download Android 7.1 Compatible Gapps for Huawei P9 devices.
- Once you download, move the files to internal storage of your device.
- Reboot your device intro TWRP recovery. You can enter this mode by Pressing & holding Volume Down + Power Button together for a while.
- In TWRP, tap Backup and create a Nandroid backup.
- Then Select Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Clear Data, Cache and System.
- Tap on ‘Install’ then locate the LineageOS 14.1 ROM Zip file.
- Start the installation of the ROM by swiping to the right side.
- Once the installation was done, flash the Gapps Zip file on your Huawei P9 device.
- Select Wipe > Wipe Cache > Dalvik Cache.
- Reboot your device and enjoy!
Hope you have successfully installed LineageOS 14.1 and know how to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Huawei P9 Officially. If you are facing any issues while installation process, leave it in the comment section to get help.
Stay tuned for more updates!