MailTag Review – “A Free Real-Time Email Tracking Browser Extension”
Web browsers like Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome have extension support so that you can install extensions onto your web browsers that you feel useful and improve the features of the web browser. Both Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox have thousands of extensions available for anyone to download and install.
If you are a blogger or digital marketer, then you can also find some pretty useful extensions for Firefox and Chrome that can help you save time while working and also complete your work more efficiently.
One such extension for Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome that I came across recently is MailTag and is definitely one of the best extensions that you should have installed on your web browser.
What is MailTag?
MailTag is a free extension for the Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome web browsers that let you get some straight-forward email tracking features right within your web browser. However, do not mistake the MailTag browser extension for an email marketing platform, instead, the extension is a simple tool to give you more direct data, notifications, and reports on the email that you have sent.
What makes MailTag an ideal extension for every blogger or marketer who deals through emails is that this tool can provide you most required data like notifications when the recipient opens your email and more detail reports on the email that you have sent.
The MailTag extension is used by professionals working at companies like Google, Uber, Verizon, Lyft, Shopify and more.
What are the features of MailTag?
If you are interested to know in detail about the features of the MailTag extension for Chrome and Firefox, then below are some of its really cool features:
- Unlimited Free Email Tracking. No matter how many emails you have sent, you can get reports and data on all the emails sent without any restrictions for absolutely free.
- Free Email Re-Open History. You can check how many times the recipient have opened the mail you sent along with time and date and also check the last time the recipient checked your mail.
- Push Notifications when Emails are Opened. Whenever you send an email and the recipient opens the email for the first time, you can get an instant push notification.
- Free Link Click Tracking. You can also get push notifications when the recipient clicks on any links that are featured on your email along with details on the link on which the recipient clicked.
- Free Dashboard with Insights. The MailTag extension also features a free dashboard that provides you with detailed insights on average open rates and clicks rates of links for emails that you have sent. You can view the statistics in the dashboard either for the current day, week or month and previous months as well.
- Free Video Tutorials. For new users, the extension also offers free video tutorials about all the awesome features of the extension.
How to Track Emails using MailTag?
Now that you know about the features and use of the MailTag extension, the below steps will take you through the procedures required to track emails that you send using MailTag.
- First of all, download and install the MailTag extension for Google Chrome from here or for Mozilla Firefox from here.
Once installed, a new MailTag icon will appear next to the other extensions on your web browser. Click on the same and enable the MailTag extension on your web browser.
- Now that you have installed and enabled the MailTag extension on your web browser. Login to your Gmail account.
- Compose an email that you wish to send and next to the “Send” button, you will see a new “MailTag” logo. Click on this logo in order to track the email that you are sending using MailTag.
- A “sent with MailTag” watermark will appear at the bottom of the email body and this watermark will remain on every email that you send if you are using the free version of the MailTag extension.
How to remove the “Sent with MailTag” watermark from Email?
As we mentioned in the above section, every email that you track using the MailTag extension will feature a watermark at the end of the email. If you are sending out an email as a professional or on behalf of an organization, having a watermark does not look professional enough.
If you want to remove the watermark from the Email body while using the MailTag extension, you can upgrade to the Pro version. The MailTag Pro Version will feature all the awesome features of the free version and will also remove the watermark that appears while sending emails using the free version.
The MailTag Pro Version is priced at just $6.95 per month and in case you go with the annual package, the price is $66. There is also a 7 day free trial of the MailTag Pro version available for new users so that you can check out the features of MailTag Pro before making a purchase.
There is also an Executive Service Support priced at below $7 on a monthly basis which is really useful for almost every MailTag users.
Also, you can refer others as well to use the MailTag extension. In case someone buys a Pro version of the MailTag extension, you will receive one month of free MailTag Pro as a bonus.
In case you need a more tailored version of MailTag for your team, then you can get in touch with the good folks at MailTag and get a custom quote as well.
As a digital marketer and blogger myself, MailTag is one of the best extensions for Chrome that I have come across.
The main advantage of the MailTag extension is that even the free version of this extension provides all the awesome features that the Pro version offers and the features offered are very useful and crucial in optimizing your emails for better conversion.
If you are already using the MailTag Review extension on your web browser, do share your review about the extension as comments below.