Today we are going to cover the Sony Xperia XZ Premium on our root guide. We now have a way to root and install TWRP on the device. So if you own a Sony Xperia XZ Premium and want to root and install recovery on it, follow our guide here to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Sony Xperia XZ Premium.
- How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on HTC U Ultra
- How to Install TWRP & Root Xiaomi Redmi 4X
- Root Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge & Install TWRP
We are showing you a very simple procedure that requires a PC or laptop. After rooting your device, you will gain a lot of access like: Can uninstall factory apps, install your own custom ROMs, change system settings, etc. It is what every Android enthusiast will do first thing after buying a new phone.
Root Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Rooting or flashing Custom ROMs will void your warranty and can brick your device if done wrong. Keep that in mind and do it at your own risk even if you are following this guide. We are not responsible for any damage that might happen to your device in this process. This guide is written carefully detailing all necessary steps and by following it you agree that you understand these risks.
- Make sure that your device is at least 50-60% charged.
- All files present in your phone will be erased. So be sure to take a backup before proceeding.
- This method only works for Sony Xperia XZ Premium. Do not attempt this on any other smartphones.
- As we already mentioned, rooting will void your warranty.
Benefits of Rooting
Benefits you ask? There are many. Rooting is an essential thing that almost every Android enthusiast does after getting a new smartphone. It unlocks the full potential of an Android, it lets you install custom ROMs, tweak hardware inside, change the looks of software and a lot more.
There are improvements that can be made to increase performance, tweaks and a lot more. So it is surely a good step to take and you can unroot your device anytime to roll back to the starting state. The process is simple and reversible.
One Click Root Free Version – Link
TWRP – Will be shared soon (Being developed by devs)
ADB fastboot tools – Link
Steps to Root Sony Xperia XZ Premium
- Download the One Click Root software and install it on your computer. The premium version of the software is recommended but we have only provided the free version.
- Now, connect your Sony Xperia XZ Premium to the computer with the USB cable.
- Enable USB debugging in the Android settings.
- Then, press the Root button on the One Click Root application on your PC.
- You will be notified if the rooting process is a success or not in a few minutes.
Steps to Install TWRP on Sony Xperia XZ Premium
- Go to the Sony Mobile site here and unlock your bootloader first.
- Download TWRP zip from the link above. Rename the file to “recovery.img”
- Now, go to the ADB folder where it was installed and open the CMD window by pressing ‘shift’ key and right-clicking anywhere on the folder.
- Connect your phone to the PC and reboot it by typing the command below.
adb reboot bootloader
- That will take you to the Fastboot mode. Now you can check the connection with this command:
- If it shows your device, type in this last code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now your device will reboot automatically after installing TWRP recovery.
- Lastly, enter the command below:
fastboot boot recovery.img
That’s it from us here. You have now successfully rooted your Sony Xperia XZ Premium. Hope this guide to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Sony Xperia XZ Premium helped you. Share it and drop a comment below if you have any queries.
Stay tuned for more updates!