OnePlus begins rolling out the OxygenOS 4.0.3 OTA Update for OnePlus 3T. OnePlus didn’t update Oxygen 4.0.2 after Chinese New Year, but now the company released a recent update on OxygenOS i.e. 4.0.3. It’s available via OTA which rolls out phase wise manner.
Do Check: Oxygen OS 4.1.0 For OnePlus 3/3T
Many people got Oxygen OS 4.0.3 on OnePlus 3T already. You can receive OTA updates or update to Oneplus 3T OxygenOS 4.0.3. I’m going to tell you how to download and install OxygenOS 4.0.4 OTA update for Oneplus 3T in this article.
OxygenOS 4.0.4 OTA update: Overview
OxygenOS 4.0.3 OTA Update for OnePlus 3T introduced Wi-Fi IPv6 Support toggle, Smart Wi-Fi Switcher optimisation. It will activate from Wi-Fi to data connection if Wi-Fi has a poor signal to stable the connection at once.
You should read this post till the end if you want to upgrade to latest OxygenOS 4.0.3 OTA version. Let me tell you some of the key features about the new update before moving onto the download and installation part. so, let’s start. Shall we?
Key Features and Changelogs: OxygenOS 4.0.3 OTA
- Wi-Fi IPv6 Support toggle
- Smart Wi-Fi Switcher (if active), device will switch to data connection during weak Wi-Fi signal
- Fixed crashes for Line
- Increased stability of the Camera app
- Better exposure for taking pictures at night
- Audio Parameters and enhanced audio recordings quality.
- APN settings for select carriers
- Inbuilt Amazon Prime App for Indian Users
Common Problems and Solution:
- Wi-Fi disconnections
- Are you facing frequent Wi-Fi interruptions? Go to Settings > Wi-Fi > Configure WiFi (at the top right-hand corner) > Scroll down to the bottom of the page and see the IP address format (IPv4 = Single line, IPv6 = Multiple lines). If it’s IPv6 based, turn off the IPv6 Support toggle to prevent this issue.
- You may be experiencing some problem due to continuous change between Wi-Fi and data connection with smart Wi-Fi switcher. You should disable it from Settings > Wi-Fi > Configure WiFi to stop this problem.
- It works for OnePlus 3T users only at present.
- You’ll be able to solve those if you follow above guide correctly.
- No need to worry. You won’t lose any important data from your phone during this process. But still, I recommend you to take a backup just in case.
- Don’t do it in low battery. Your device should at least 60% or more battery to follow this process without any error.
Download OxygenOS 4.0.3 OTA Update for OnePlus 3T
You can download OxygenOS 4.0.3 update by visiting the link below. So, click on the appropriate link and download these files on your smartphone right now. Next, I’ll share with you how to install OTA update.
- OxygenOS 4.0.2 to OxygenOS 4.0.3 OTA Update – Download
- OxygenOS 4.0.3 Full ROM for OnePlus 3T – Download
How to Update OnePlus 3T to OxygenOS 4.0.3?
1) You must have downloaded OxygenOS 4.0.3 OTA zip file on your phone from above link by now.
2) Open Settings -> System Updates -> Settings Icon -> Local Upgrade and Select the OTA File.
3) The system would prompt ‘upgrade now’. Click on it and to proceed to start the installation process.
4) Now, just wait for a while until it completes installation on your device.
5) Your smartphone will restart by default after flashing.
You’ve installed OxygenOS 4.0.3 successfully. It’s a very simple method without any hassle. You’ll be able to it within few moments surely.
1) You need to activate ‘USB debugging’ option from setting>developer option>. Go to Developer options and locate ‘About Phone’ and tap Build number 7 times.
3) Next, download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your computer.
4) Download OxygenOS 4.0.3 for OnePlus 3T from above link along with Copy ROM and paste it inside a ADB’s installation path.
5) Shut down your phone and go to boot from recovery mode.
3) Select ‘Install from ADB Sideload’ and connect your device to your laptop/desktop
4) Go to ROM folder and hold Shift+right click and click on open command here.
5) Now type below words to check your connection.
You are ready to flash if you see your phone there.
6) Now, type the below command to install Oxygen OS 4.0.3 on OnePlus 3T
adb sideload File Name.zip
7) Just give it some time, and it will reboot automatically after flashing.
8) That’s it. You’ve installed the new update on your device from your PC/laptop.
I’ve covered every info in this post so that you can download and install OxygenOS 4.0.3 for OnePlus 3T (OTA + Full ROM). I hope that you’ll be able to update your smartphone without any trouble. Drop a comment below if you have any question regarding this topic. I’ll do my best to solve your query. Also check out How to Download OxygenOS 3.5.7 for OnePlus 2.Did you finish reading? Go and install this new update on your device now.
Stay tuned on Techora for daily updates on latest technology news around the world.