Samsung Galaxy J3 was an entry-level Android smartphone that was released with Android 5.1.1. We’ve been releasing newer Samsung firmware for most devices. Now we are sharing the Samsung’s Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware for Galaxy J3. It has only been released in the USA for AT&T and U.S. Cellular variants of Galaxy J3. So if you want the same on your device anywhere, follow our guide to installing Android Marshmallow Firmware on Galaxy J3 SM-J320R.
- How to Install Android 7.0 Nougat on Verizon Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
- Install N-Lite Nougat ROM on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ [SM-G928]
- How to Download & Install MIUI 8 on Samsung Galaxy S6 [All Variant]
This is a stock firmware from the OTA update provided by Samsung in the USA. So we provide the firmware here with new Android to upgrade your Galaxy J3’s version to Marshmallow from Lollipop. You can download the ROM file and flash it as per your convenience which is what we are going to do here. Without further delay, let’s get into the guide. Without any further due, let’s dive into the guide.
- Android Version: – Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- UI Version: – TouchWiz
- Firmware Versions: – J320R4TYU2AQB1 SM-J320R
- Firmware: – USC-J320R4TYU2AQB1
- Status: – Firmware
- Size: – 1.2GB
- Release Date: – 20.02.2017
This process involves some amount of risk while carrying out and may harm your device if done wrong. Keep in mind and do it at your own risk even if you are following this guide. We are not responsible for any damage that might happen to your device in this process. This guide is written carefully detailing all necessary steps and by following it you agree that you understand these risks.
- Make sure that your device is at least 50-60% charged.
- Have Samsung USB drivers installed on your PC.
- Turn Reactivation Lock OFF (Go to Settings > Personal > Lock screen and Security > Find My Mobile. Login to your Samsung account and Uncheck the option there.)
- Your device should have stock firmware first.
- TWRP recovery (preferably) or CWM recovery installed on the device.
- Make sure to take a full Backup of your data.
- This ROM is meant only for Samsung Galaxy J3. Do not attempt to flash it on any other devices.
Steps to Install Android Marshmallow Firmware on Galaxy J3 SM-J320R
- Download the file provided above. It is the ROM zip file and the Odin tool.
- Extract the Odin.zip and the firmware with 7zip.
- Turn your phone off now.
- Switch to Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power + Home buttons.
- Run the Odin.exe now and connect your phone with the PC.
- Let Odin detect your phone now.
- Once it is detected, select the ROM file by pressing Ap Box.
- Tick Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options.
- The process will start now and it takes about 5-10 minutes.
- That’s it.
You have successfully downloaded and installed Android Marshmallow Firmware on Galaxy J3 SM-J320R. Hope you liked it and found it helpful. Drop a comment below if you have any queries. Stay tuned for more updates!