Here we got another new update for Huawei P9 users! Yeah, Huawei P9 (EVA-L19) users can update to B386 Nougat update officially released for Asian Pacific region which is still in beta version. Here in this post, I’m going to share the Official Huawei P9 B386 Nougat Update for EVA-L19. Let’s check it out how to download and install the Nougat OTA Update on Huawei P9 device.
The latest ROM packs with the Android Nougat Beta firmware which is similar to the EMUI 5.0 OS. You can flash Nougat on Huawei P9 manually by following the below instructions. Let’s check it out how to Download Huawei P9 B386 Nougat Update and install it easily!
Huawei P9 B386 Nougat Update Asia Pacific
Now you can download Huawei P9 Stock Firmware which has a build number of EVA-L19C636B386. The ROM file is sized about 1.3 GB which can be easily downloaded by following the instruction shared below. Just make sure you have the Asian EVA-L19 variant that’s already running a C636 based firmware. If everything is fine, then we can move ahead with the installation process.
- Device – Huawei P9
- Model – EVA-L19
- Android Version – 7.0
- EMUI Version – 5.0
- Firmware – B386
- Build Number – EVA-L19C636B386
- Security Patch Level: May 5, 2017
- Region – Asia Pacific
- Status – Official
- Size – 1.3 GB
- Make sure, your mobile phone charged at least 50-60%.
- Take a Full Backup of your apps, messages, and contacts.
- This Nougat Firmware only works on Huawei P9 EVA-L19.
- Your Device must be on Stock Firmware and Stock Recovery and installed TWRP Recovery.
Download Huawei P9 B386 Nougat Firmware
Steps to Install Stock B386 Nougat Firmware on Huawei P9
- Download the Stock ROM of Android 7.0 for Huawei P9 from above.
- Extract and create a folder ‘dload’ and place the ‘update.app’ file in that folder and move to your SD card.
- Reboot your device and press ‘Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Button’ together for a while. It will start your update process automatically.
- Wait for a while, once the update process complete Reboot your device.
- That’s it!
- Download the Android 7.0 B386 ROM Zip file from above and extract it.
- Create a new folder ‘dload’ in the root of your SD card and move the files to ‘update.app’ in that folder.
- Now dial *#*#2846579#*#* to open a hidden menu.
- Click on Project Menu > Software Upgrade > SDCard Upgrade
- Now choose the update and run it.
- Wait for a while, once the installation process completes Reboot your device.
- That’s it! You’re done 😀
- Install TWRP custom recovery with the unlocked bootloader.
- Download the firmware zip files from above and move to your phone’s the external microSD card.
- Turn your phone off and hold Volume up + Power for a few seconds.
- Take a full backup of all the partitions.
- Click on the Install, and locate the update.zip package you downloaded earlier
- Swipe to flash it.
- Once done, follow the same procedure to install the other two zip files [Cust and Public].
- Reboot and enjoy!
Hope you find this post useful on How to Download and install Huawei P9 B386 Nougat Update for Asia Pacific Region. Do comment and spread the World. Stay tuned for more updates on Nougat Firmware!