If you have been waiting for the Android 7.0 Firmware on Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935W8 Bell variants, then today is the day you have been waiting for. Earlier Samsung Android devices had a bad mark of not receiving timely updates for newer Android versions even for the higher end and flagship models. After a lot of complaints from Galaxy 7 Smartphone users from around the globe, from the last few years, Samsung has been providing quick updates to the latest Android version, at least for their flagship devices.
- How to Downgrade Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge [Nougat to Marshmallow]
- How to Download & Install Flyme OS 6 on Any Meizu Smartphones
- Download Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Edge USB drivers
The latest Samsung Galaxy flagship devices, namely the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge devices had received the Android 7.0 Nougat update a few months back. Now the Android 7.0 Nougat update for US carrier variants of the S7 Edge were released.
If you are using a Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935W8 Android Smartphone, then there is a good news for you as the official Android 7.0 Nougat on Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935W8 variants are now finally official and out there to download and installing the latest firmware.
Android 7.0 Firmware on Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935W8
If you are unaware about the Android Nougat update for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935W8 Sprint variant and if you need a well-detailed guide that will take you through all the necessary procedures to install the Android 7.0 Nougat update for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, then below is what you need.
Without wasting anymore time, let’s check it out “How to Download Android 7.0 Firmware on Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935W8“. This firmware shared here will works on Galaxy S7 Edge Sasktel SM-G935W8 Nougat Official Firmware.
- The Update Includes Nougat Update.
- Google Now on Tap.
- DND Modes.
- Improved Boot Security.
- Improved Touch Wiz UI.
- Important Security Patch Updates.
- Improvements on Battery.
- Version: – Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Galaxy S7 Edge: – SM-G935W8
- PDA: – G935PVPU4BQAA
- Kernel Version:- 3.18.31-10318693
- Changelist: 10780217
- Build Date: 24.02.2017
- Status: Official
- Take a backup of your phone.
- Make sure your phone at least 50-60% charged.
- Do it at your Own risk, the ROM is experimental so you may have many bugs.
- Nougat Update File shared here will work only on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge [SM-G935W8] Devices.
Download Galaxy S7 Edge Canada SM-G935W8 Firmware
|Android 7.0 ROM Zip Files||Download Links|
|Download ODIN Flash tool||Link|
|Download Nougat ROM For Galaxy S7 Edge [G935W8VLU2BQB6]||Link|
|Download Minimal ADB & Fastboot||[Link 1] [Link 2]|
|Download Samsung USB Drivers||Link|
How to Root Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935W8
Method 1: Flash Boot IMG via ODIN
- Go to Settings from your device and then enable the USB Debugging and OEM unlock options, which can be found under the Developer Settings. You can enable Developer Settings by going to Settings>About Phone and then tap Build Number 7 times continuously.
- Run the ODIN tool on your PC that you downloaded above.
- Power OFF your Smartphone and then boot it into the Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down+Power+Home buttons.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to the PC.
- After you connect the device, the ODIN tool will register the port number as shown below. The port number will be different from device to device.
- Click on the “AP” button from the ODIN tool and select the firmware file that you downloaded earlier on your PC.
- From the checkboxes under “options”, make sure that only “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” has been ticked.
- Click the “Start” button towards the right bottom of the display.
- Wait for the installation of the firmware to complete and the “Pass” message to appear.
- Your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge will now reboot.
- Once the reboot completes successfully, disconnect your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge from the PC.
- That’s it! You’re done!
Method 2: Using ADB and Fastboot
- Download ADB and Fastboot from above and extract it.
- Connect your mobile to your PC and run CMD.
- Enter the below commands and hit enter.
- It will begin the installation, just wait for a while.
- Once the insulation process gets over, reboot your system.
- That’s it!
To check whether the installation took place correctly, you can check the Android version on your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge by checking it under the “About Phone” section in Settings.
Hope this post is helpful on How to Root and Install Android 7.0 Firmware on Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935W8 Bell Model by following the simple procedures shared above. If you love, do share this post with your friends and your views in comments below. Stay tuned for more updates!