Installing custom ROMs, flashing TWRP customs and getting root access on OnePlus 3/3T may lead to trip the dm-verity check error. Most of the users getting this kinda error on their device after updating Oneplus 3/3T to Nougat. If tripped, you will see the warning message every time when you reboot your phone as ‘dm-verity warning’. This may be quite annoying! So how to fix dm-verity verification failed on OnePlus 3/3T? Is that possible to fix Dm-verity check error on OnePlus 3/3T? Yeah, my answer will be yes and its very simple to fix this issue!
Here in this post, I’ve shared how to fix dm-verity check error on OnePlus 3/3T. If you are facing the dm-verity error and looking for the perfect solution then you are in right place. For executing this method, you don’t need to flash your device. This method works for OnePlus 3 also on OnePlus 3T. The solution method was shared by the XDA contributor th3g1z, so I thank that developer for this awesomeness!
Dm-Verity Check Error
Dm-verity check error can be easily fixed just by entering two lines of code via ADB. The Dm-verity is also known as Device Mapper Verity which comes handy for security features on Android 4.4 and above versions. This will helps to prevent from malware that can hold onto root privileges and affect your system performance. For more details about this rootkits, go check here.
- This method works only for OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T.
- Take a Backup of your OnePlus 3/3T and then try this method.
- Make sure your phone has at least 60% charged.
How to Fix Dm-Verity Check Error on OnePlus 3/3T
You can fix dm-verity by flashing and Dm-verity and forced encryptions disabler zip. Or you can fix dm-verity error using Fastboot commands via ADB. Many people still looking for some working solution for dm-verity verification failed. If so this article will surely help them solve dm-verity warning on OnePlus devices.
Using Flashing DM-Verity
- First, you need to boot your device into Recovery mode.
- Then click on Install and Flash DM Veriy and Forced Encryption Disabler Zip file. You can download the zip file from here.
- Clear the Cache Memory and Reboot.
- That’s it! You are done!
Using Fastboot Commands Via ADB
- Connect your OnePlus device to your PC and enable USB debugging mode.
- Go to the ADB or Platform tools and open a command window.
- In this command window, enter the below command
- Now your device will be listed, just choose it and you are ready to flash the zip file.
- Reboot the device into fastboot mode by using the below command,
adb reboot bootloader
- Then enter the below commands,
fastboot oem disable_dm_verity fastboot oem enable_dm_verity
- Then Reboot your OnePlus 3/3T and you are done!
Do check out the video tutorial to fix dm-verity error on OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T devices,
From now one, dm-verity check error message will not appear on your device boot up. If you are facing any issues, while trying these two methods above let us know in comments. We would like to help you out! Make sure you check out the Upcoming Smartphones 2017 😀
Stay tuned for more updates!