From its very beginning, the Android mobile operating system has been evolving with each of its version updates to accommodate a lot of new, unique and user-friendly functions. Each Android update version brings on a software feature or functionality that we earlier only wished for. This post is about Remove Multiple User Accounts Feature on Android.
With the last generation Android 6.0 Lollipop update we received a lot of features like an all-new look and feel for the stock Android launcher which was based on the unique material-based design outlook, performance upgrades and interestingly, support for multiple users within the same device.
Even though Google regularly comes up with feature addition and upgrades for the Android operating system, not all the features are not equally welcomed or appreciated by the billions of users who own and use an Android powered device.
With the Android 6.0 Lollipop software, one feature that was the least favored by the majority of the users out there was the multiple user account support as many felt that as Android devices are mostly personal devices, the need for multiple user accounts does not exist.
- 1 How to Easily Remove Multiple User Accounts Feature on Android?
- 2 Final Words
How to Easily Remove Multiple User Accounts Feature on Android?
There are many easy ways to remove multiple user accounts feature on Android and some of them are listed below. If you are one among those Android users who wish to get rid of the multiple user account feature on Android, then today we bring you a detailed and explained guide that will take you through the procedures required to remove multiple user accounts feature on Android.
- Download ADB tools from here.
- Download supported TWRP recovery image for your Android device from here.
- Download and Install USB Drivers for your Android device on your PC.
- Go to Settings>Developer Options and enable USB Debugging and OEM unlock options.
- Make sure there are no more than one Google account signed on to your Android device.
Remove Multiple User Accounts Feature on Android using CMD
- Connect your Android device to the PC.
- Open CMD window on your PC.
- Type the command and press Enter.
db shell settings put global guest_user_enabled 0
- Restart your Android device.
- And that is it. You have successfully removed multiple user accounts feature on Android using CMD.
Remove Multiple User Accounts Feature on Android using ADB
- To complete this method, you need to install TWRP recovery on your Android device, the link to download appropriate TWRP file for your device has been provided above. To install the downloaded TWRP recovery image on your Android device, follow the guide below.
- Connect your Android device to the PC.
- Now navigate to the root TWRP recovery folder that you downloaded from the above step.
- From the folder, press and hold the Shift key along with the Right Button of your computer mouse to bring a drop down menu.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the “Open Command Window Here” option.
- A CMD Window will now appear. Type in the command “adb devices” and press Enter.
- Now type the command “fastboot flash recovery twrp.img” and press Enter.
- Now type the command “fastboot reboot” and press Enter.
- After the device reboots, you have now successfully installed TWRP recovery on your Android device.
- Disconnect your device from the PC.
- Once again power OFF your Android device and then boot it into the recovery mode by pressing Volume Down+Power+Home keys.
- From the recovery mode, select the “Mount option”.
- And now select the option that says “System Partition”.
- Connect your Android device to the PC again.
- Open the CMD Window on your PC and type the command
adb pull /system/build.prop
- Edit the contents in the file by adding the content,
adb shell cd system chmod 644 build.prop
- Now in the CMD Window, type the command
adb push build.prop /system/
- And reboot your Android device.
Remove Multiple User Accounts Feature on Android using BuildProp Editor App
- Alternatively, you can also remove multiple user accounts feature on Android using the BuildProp application for Android.
- You can download BuildProp Editor Android app from the Google Play Store by clicking here.
- Launch the BuildProp application, and on a new line enter the command below,
- Or you can also use the command f
- That’s it!
Hope this post helped you a lot to Disable or Remove Multiple User Accounts Feature on Android Smartphones. It makes easy to disable all Multi-users from your android device by following the above method.Found this article useful? Then do share it throughout your personal social media profiles.
Stay tuned for more Android Tricks 2017!