Samsung Galaxy S6 was the company’s 2015 flagship smartphone that came with a lot of interesting features and Android 5.0 Lollipop OS. It later got official updates to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow version. There has been no announcement of a Nougat update for the Galaxy S6 and it very unlikely to get it. But if you want Android Nougat from custom ROMs, then you are at the right place. Check out how to Install LineageOS 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy S6?
- How to Install Android 7.0 Nougat on Verizon Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
- Install N-Lite Nougat ROM on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ [SM-G928]
- How to Download & Install MIUI 8 on Samsung Galaxy S6 [All Variant]
Here we present you an unofficial LineageOS 14.1 ROM that is based on Android Nougat. Keep reading the guide if you want to know how to install Unofficial ROM LineageOS 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy S6.
- 1 Update Galaxy S6 to Android 7.1.1 Nougat Lineage OS 14.1
- 2 Steps to Install LineageOS 14.1 ROM on Samsung Galaxy S6
Update Galaxy S6 to Android 7.1.1 Nougat Lineage OS 14.1
Here, we are going to provide an unofficial LineageOS Nougat ROM which is based on Android Nougat v7.1 and guide you through the steps on how to install it on your rooted Samsung Galaxy S6 smartphone. Android Nougat 7.1 ROM, Samsung Galaxy S6 Lineage OS 14.1 has now arrived via an UNOFFICIAL build. So without wasting any more time, let’s check it out how to Install LineageOS ROM on Samsung Devices?
Flashing Custom ROMs will void your warranty and can brick your device if done wrong. Keep in mind and do it at your own risk even if you are following this guide. We are not responsible for any damage that might happen to your device in this process. This guide is written carefully detailing all necessary steps and by following it you agree that you understand these risks.
Supported Device Models:
- Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G9200
- SM-G920W8 and all other Models.
- Make sure that your device is at least 50-60% charged.
- Must have root access available on the Samsung Galaxy S6.
- TWRP recovery (preferably) or CWM recovery installed on the device.
- Make sure to take a full backup of your data.
- This ROM is meant only for Samsung Galaxy S6. Do not attempt to flash it on any other devices.
Features of Lineage OS:
- Android Nougat flavor.
- Improved Boot Security.
- Smooth operation.
- Few installed apps.
- Good battery stats.
- Improved Touch Wiz UI.
- Important Security Patch Updates.
- Google Now on Tap.
Download LineageOS 14.1 Unofficial ROM on Samsung Galaxy S6
LineageOS 14.1 Unofficial ROM – Link
Google apps – Link
Steps to Install LineageOS 14.1 ROM on Samsung Galaxy S6
- Download both files we have provided above and transfer them to the internal memory of your smartphone.
- Ensure that you have root access and TWRP recovery available.
- Then turn off your Samsung Galaxy S6.
- Make sure to backup the contents by pressing Backup option and wait for the operation to complete. This is not a required step but is a precautionary one. We recommend you do this in case something goes wrong.
- Boot into recovery by pressing Volume Up, Power and Home buttons simultaneously.
- You will be now taken to TWRP recovery mode.
- Now perform a wipe by selecting Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Wipe Cache Data, Dalvik and System Caches.
- Now go back to the starting screen of TWRP.
- Select Install and select the LineageOS zip first and flash it.
- After that flash the Gaaps.zip that you have downloaded.
- Now reboot your device. You will have LineageOS boot animation if you have done it all right.
Download All Samsung Galaxy S6 Stock Firmware Collection
|Variant Name (Model)||Region||Download Links|
|T-Mobile SM-G920T Stock ROM for Galaxy S6 –Android 5.1.1||United States||Link|
|T-Mobile SM-G920T Stock ROM for Galaxy S6 –Android 5.0.2||United States||Link|
|Sprint SM-G920P Stock ROM for Galaxy S6 –Android 5.0.2 Lollipop||United States||Link|
|AT&T SM-G920A Stock ROM for Galaxy S6 –Android 5.0.2||United States||Link|
|Verizon SM-G920V Stock ROM for Galaxy S6 –Android 5.0.2||United States||Link|
|US Cellular SM-G920R4 Stock ROM for Galaxy S6 –Android 5.0.2||United States||Link|
|Rogers SM-G920W8 Stock ROM for Galaxy S6 –Android 5.0.2||Canada SM-G920W8||Link|
|Telus SM-G920W8 Stock ROM for Galaxy S6 –Android 5.0.2||Canada SM-G920W8||Link|
|Bell SM-G920W8 Stock ROM for Galaxy S6 –Android 5.0.2||Canada SM-G920W8||Link|
|Videotron SM-G920W8 Stock ROM for Galaxy S6 –Android 5.0.2||Canada SM-G920W8||Link|
|Wind Mobile SM-G920W8 Stock ROM for Galaxy S6 –Android 5.0.2||Canada SM-G920W8||Link|
|H3G SM-G920F Stock ROM for Galaxy S6 –Android 5.0.2||United Kingdom SM-G920F (UK)||Link|
|O2 SM-G920F Stock ROM for Galaxy S6 –Android 5.0.2||United Kingdom SM-G920F (UK)||Link|
|Vodafone SM-G920F Stock ROM for Galaxy S6 –Android 5.0.2||United Kingdom SM-G920F (UK)||Link|
|EE SM-G920F Stock ROM for Galaxy S6 –Android 5.0.2||United Kingdom SM-G920F (UK)||Link|
|India SM-G920I Stock ROM for Galaxy S6 –Android 5.0.2||India SM-G920I||Link|
|Vodafone SM-G920F Stock ROM for Galaxy S6 –Android 5.0.2||Spain SM-G920F||Link|
|Movistar SM-G920F Stock ROM for Galaxy S6 -Android 5.0.2||Spain SM-G920F||Link|
|SM-G920F Stock ROM for Galaxy S6 -Android 5.0.2||South Africa SM-G920F||Link|
|KT SM-G920K Stock ROM for Galaxy S6 -Android 5.0.2||Korea||Link|
|LG Uplus SM-G920L Stock ROM for Galaxy S6 -Android 5.0.2||Korea||Link|
|SK Telecom Stock ROM for Galaxy S6 -Android 5.0.2||Korea||Link|
That’s it! You have successfully installed Unofficial LineageOS 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy S6. Hope you liked it and found it helpful. Drop a comment below if you have any queries.