Looking for some easy guide to Unlock Bootloader of OnePlus 5 Smartphone? Want to Root OnePlus 5 device? How to Install TWRP Recovery or any Custom Recovery Tool on Oneplus 5 mobile? Then this post will take you through the step-by-step instructions to do the same!
Recently Oneplus launched its new Flagship Smartphone OnePlus 5. The OnePlus 5 comes with a Locked Bootloader. We already shared OxygenOS 4.5.2 for OnePlus 5 and now it’s time for rooting your OP5 device. In case if you want to Root Oneplus 5 or Install Any Custom Recovery, Then You need to Unlock it’s Bootloader first.
Root Oneplus 5
Benefits you ask? There are many. Rooting is an essential thing that almost every Android enthusiast does after getting a new smartphone. It unlocks the full potential of an Android, it lets you install custom ROMs, tweak hardware inside, change the looks of software and a lot more.
There are improvements that can be made to increase performance, tweaks and a lot more. So it is surely a good step to take and you can unroot your device anytime to roll back to the starting state. The process is simple and reversible.
- Make sure you have a Complete Backup of your Device’s previous Data, So in Case, If something went wrong you can Install previous Data. 🙂
- Make sure that your phone has charged At least 70%.
- Follow Steps Correctly, Otherwise, It may Brick your Device. If anything wrong would be Happen, We will not responsible for that.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader of Oneplus 5
1. First of All, You have to Enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging. For Enabling, Just Go to Setting, then Go to Developer Option. For Enabling Developer Option, Go to Setting and Tap on About phone, Scroll Down and tab 7 times continuously in Built Number.
2. Now Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers for Windows or Mac, Skip this Step if you have Already Installed these drivers.
3. After that, You can See the ADB folder in your Installation Drive, Just open the Folder and you’ll see 4 Files there including ADB.exe and Fastboot.exe.
4. Now you have to Open Command window here, For that, you just have to Press and Hold the Shift key and Right Click Anywhere in Folder and Select Open Command Window Here.
5. Now Connect you Oneplus 5 with PC and Enter Into the Fastboot Mode. For that, Use the Command given Below.
adb reboot bootloader
6. Now you are successfully entered in Fastboot, For checking your connection Use the Command given below. It will show your device Serial Number, If command will not work properly, Try to check for Drivers.
7. For Unlocking Bootloader of your Oneplus 5, Simply comment the Commands given below. The whole process will hardly take 2 Mins.
fastboot oem unlock
Now you have Unlocked your Oneplus 5’s Bootloader, After these Steps, it will automatically Reboot your Device.
Things Required for Installing TWRP and Rooting Oneplus 5
- Download TWRP Recovery By Clicking Here.
- Download no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip for OnePlus 5 by Clicking here.
- Download SuperSU file to Root your Device and Place it on Your Smartphone’s SD Card. Click here to download.
Steps to Install TWRP on Oneplus 5
1. Reboot your Device into fastboot, Just Follow the Steps Given Above to Know how to Reboot into Fastboot.
2. Now check your Connection Again By Using the Following Command.
3. Now, For Installing Custom Recovery, Just Use the Command Given Below in Command Prompt.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
4. Now you have to boot into recovery mode. Use Power+Volume Down Button or Else Use the Command Given Below.
fastboot boot recovery.img
After that, Without Leaving TWRP, Use the Steps Below Provided to Root Oneplus 5.
Steps to Root OnePlus 5
Because We are not Leaving TWRP, Your Oneplus 5 is Already in Recovery Mode. Follow Steps Below to Root Oneplus 5 Easily.
1. Select your Preferred Language here, and Tap on “Never Show this Screen on Boot Again”. and Swipe Allow Modification.
2. Now Find to Install Zip And Select the File no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip. Now Swipe to Flash this file.
3. After that Flash the SuperSU File and that’s it. You have Successfully Rooted your OnePlus 5.
Now you can Install any of the ROM made for your Rooted Oneplus 5 and Can Make any changes you want to make. This is a Simple and Easy Guide to Root Oneplus 5.
This was my Guide on How to Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP and Root Oneplus 5. Hope you guys Like this Post. If you face any Issue, Comment Below so I can Assist you.
Loved this Trick? Share with your Friends too. 🙂