ADB or Android Debug Bridge is a tool for Android that helps in running Android-specific Linux commands from PC on your Android devices. Whereas Fastboot is an even powerful tool compared to ADB and helps in creating system partitions on your Android device or install system updates manually on your Android device. There is combo of ADB and Fastboot that helps you take backup easily.
- How to Install Kali Linux on Android Smartphones
- How to Disable Google Assistant and Use Google Now
- Remove Multiple User Accounts Feature on Android
If you are in search for a guide that will help you installing both the above mentioned ADB and Fastboot tools on your Android device, then today we bring you a well-explained guide on the same with all the necessary steps listed.
How to Setup ADB & FASTBOOT on Windows?
Moreover, in case you have the TWRP recovery installed on your Android device then we also bring you a tutorial that can help you take a complete backup of the TWRP recovery installed on your Android device directly to your PC.
Download ADB and Fastboot – Link
Download TWRP 3.1 Recovery – Link
How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Windows Easily?
Here is a detailed article on how you can easily install ADB and Fastboot tools on any of your Windows-powered machines:
- Download the ADB v1.4.3 installer file from here. In case that doesn’t work, then download the ADB v1.3 installer file from here.
- After you have completed downloading the .exe installer file for ADB from the links given above, run the .exe file that you just downloaded to begin the installation procedures for ADB on your Windows PC.
- A CMD window will now appear, press “Y” key on your keyboard to proceed through all the prompts and to begin the installation of ADB on your PC.
- After a few times pressing the “Y” keyboard key, the installation process will begin for ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- Once the installation completes, the CMD window will automatically close.
And that is it. Now you have successfully installed the ADB and Fastboot tools on your Windows machine without facing any errors.
How to Take Complete Backup of TWRP Recovery on Windows?
Here is how you can take a complete backup of the TWRP recovery directly on Windows-powered PC within just a few steps:
- Make sure that ADB and Fastboot tools have already been installed on your PC by following the above-mentioned guide.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Android device.
- Connect your Android device to the PC.
- Once connected, reboot the device to the TWRP recovery mode by pressing Volume Down+Power+Home keys.
- Now create a new folder on your preferred location on your PC where you wish to save the TWRP backup.
- On an empty space of the folder created above, press on the “Shift” key and then click the Right Mouse Button.
- From the drop-down menu that appears, click on the “Open Command Window Here” option.
- Now a CMD window will appear.
- In the CMD window, type in the command and press Enter.
adb backup --twrp
- This will bring up the backup interface on your Android device which will let you select the partitions that you wish to backup from.
- After selecting the partitions, swipe right on the tab below to confirm the backup.
- Wait for the backup procedures to complete. They may take some time depending on the size of the data to be backed up.
- Once the backup is complete, disconnect the Android device from the PC and reboot your Android device.
Now you have completed taking a complete backup of the TWRP recovery installed on your phone directly to a Windows-powered PC.
How to Restore TWRP backup via ADB?
- Open a command window where you saved the TWRP backup on your PC.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery, and connect your device to PC via USB.
- Enter the following command into the command window and press the enter key.
adb restore --twrp
- That’s it.
Hope this post is helpful on How to Install ADB and Take Backup using TWRP Recovery on Windows. Stay tuned for more updates!