Samsung Galaxy Note 5 was the 2015 phablet flagship of the South Korean giant that came with a lot of interesting features and Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS. It later got official updates to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow version. Now the Nougat OTA update is available for the Galaxy Note 5 AT&T variant. So if you want it, you can follow this guide to install Android Nougat on AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
- How to Install Android 7.0 Nougat on Verizon Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
- Install N-Lite Nougat ROM on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ [SM-G928]
- How to Download & Install MIUI 8 on Samsung Galaxy S6 [All Variant]
This is a stock firmware from the OTA update provided by Samsung. So we provide the firmware here with new Android to upgrade your Note 5’s version to N920AUCU4EQC6 from anything before that. You can download the ROM file and flash it as per your convenience which is what we are going to do here. Without further delay, let’s get into the guide. Without any further due, let’s dive into the guide.
Flashing Custom ROMs will void your warranty and can brick your device if done wrong. Keep in mind and do it at your own risk even if you are following this guide. We are not responsible for any damage that might happen to your device in this process. This guide is written carefully detailing all necessary steps and by following it you agree that you understand these risks.
- Make sure that your device is at least 50-60% charged.
- Must have root access available on the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
- Your device should have stock firmware first.
- TWRP recovery (preferably) or CWM recovery installed on the device.
- Make sure to take a full backup of your data.
- This ROM is meant only for AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 5. Do not attempt to flash it on any other devices.
Download Android Nougat on AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920A
Steps to Install Android Nougat on AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920A
- Download ADB and Fastboot tools and extract it to a new folder.
- Also, download the necessary OTA files from links above.
- Go to Developer Settings and enable USB Debugging.
- Turn your Galaxy Note 5 off and reboot into Recovery mode by pressing Volume Up + Home + Power.
- Find and press Apply Update via ADB option using volume and power keys.
- Now, connect your phone to the PC with USB cable.
- Then, open the platform-tools folder on the ADB directory.
- Right-click anywhere in the folder’s empty space and select Open command window here.
- Enter the code below on the window.
- You will now know whether the device is connected or not.
- The enter the code below.
adb sideload SS-N920AUCS4CQB2-to-U4EQC6-UP.zip
- After entering that, your update will start. Wait till it is complete. The device will reboot after the installation of Nougat.
That’s it! You have successfully downloaded and installed Android Nougat on AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920A. Hope you liked it and found it helpful. Drop a comment below if you have any queries.